Auditing for move operations

Harrison Midkiff

Hello:

I have been having a problem with people doing drag and drops on one of my
file servers. I have turned on auditing and am getting auditing events but
I am not seeing move events. Does anyone know how to turn that option on?

Harrison Midkiff

Jason Tan

Hi Harrison,

Thank you for posting!

From your post, I understand that when your client is doing drag and drop
on the Windows 2000 server, you cannot see the auditing events log though
you enable the auditing function.

Based on my research, I suggest you refer to the following article to set
auditing for files and folders

301640 How To Set, View, Change, or Remove Auditing for a File or Folder in
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=301640

More information for your reference:
300549 How To Enable and Apply Security Auditing in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=300549

Hope the information helps.

Best Regards,

Jason Tan