ATTN: All Vista Beta/Pre-Release Consumers (Not U IP Pro's!)

I will try to be brief. First, though, to all Non-Vista IP's (64Pro's
especially, and you know who you are) and have an axe to grind about Vista
Consumers in this and ALL your PRECIOUS existing OLD newsgroups for HELP . .
.. Please get a life and be nice to us newbies on Vista and the RECOMMENDED BY
MICROSOFT NEWSGROUPS (and all their sub-categories like Printers or Hardware,
etc.).
We are here by Microsoft's invitation, not existing years-old Newsgroupies
whom, some of which have a great wealth of knowledge to give us, but some
others are OLD and RESISTANT to CHANGE and UPSET with Vista newbies and the
"Vista Microsoft Mail team" for putting us in their Precious older
forums/blogs/chats, et. all.
LOL.
Here's the deal on the Vista Beta releases as of 6/22/06 for my own systems
and the "Windows Vista Newsgroups Home" website and pages THAT I HAVE
EXPLORED to some extent.
Being conscious, I discovered Microsft (M) has been/is/ developing Vista to
REPLACE all older WINDOWS operating systems--that goes especially for
64bit-XP-PROer's out there.
Thus, I made a decision to replace my older Dell Dimension 4400 desktop,
with a new Dell Dimension E510 and Inspiron Laptop, both rated as "Vista
Capable" this past week (6/21/2006).
I have received them both with operating systems devoid of almost any other
hardware or software but the basics of the premium sound and graphics cards
(ask me for the details) and necessary startup utilities, all operating
initially on the supplied/recommended Windows Media Center edition by
Dell/Vista Capable.
I immediately out of the box did a initial boot to make sure sure the
'puters worked, and they did on Media Center XP, then went and installed my
previously ordered 2 DVD's (up to 10x2 computers) of Windows Vista Beta
2-64bit.
This website and ALL links on this website is where I EXPLICITLY have been
given for VISTA SUPPORT by MICROSOFT through Microsoft.com website, limited
as it is, following the links from Microsoft.com to Vista, which is a Top
Link on their homepage, and then to their Vista Support links which
ultimately leads you to the Newsgroups for Windows Vista, where on the left
sidebar, there is "Windows Vista Newsgroups Home", and with subcategories
benesth like "Admin. . . .", "Find. . . ", "Games". . . ,"Hardware '. . .
etc. for about another 10 or 15 linked subcategories.
BEWARE!!!!
These links and subcategories are not necessarilly specific to Windows
Vista! They MAY include Internet Explorer 7/7+ newbies and XP-Pro oldbies,
both of which are for the most part cool people and will help, but there are
some in both IE7/7+ & XPPro64 oldbies and techies both, who will be pissed at
you for pissing on their dogigie-like territory.
DON"T LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT!
These are public newsgroups, not British aristocracies from the 1900's and
Queen Victoria!!!
Anyways, back to my experience with my NEW Dell desktop/laptop systems.
Everything on the Microsoft DVd's that came in the standard (?) US mail
delivery a few days ago worked.
Yes, there were a few problems, though.
But the DVD's worked and installed both on my desktop and laptop (at top
specs--ask me for details) no problems--COMPLETE AND CLEAN INSTALLS.
The devil is in the details though.
My brand new ATI Radeon Graphoics card was not recognized, but easily fixed
at ATI's awesome website for Windows Vista RADEON 64bit graphics card.
My brand new Creative X-Fi Audio card was not recognized, then was
recognized on a second INSTALL of VISTA DVD64bit, then unrecoginized again as
I write this, ans I am not sure why. Make sure you use the Drivers and
Utilities disc that came with your NEW computer, whenever that was, just as a
possible backup, because it worked once for me with the Creative sound card,
but then again, the third time it didn't
BTW: If there is anyone out ther who works for Creative Sound Crds, why
didn't you guys have all your drivers for your NEWSEST sytems ready like ATI
did for their graphics card for this release of Beta 2 Vista? You Creative
guys knew this was coming for awhile, and there is no excuse!
I love the HBO series "Deadwood" and there is one word that fits very
appropriately for how I feel about MAJOR companies who KNEW this BETA release
was coming out months and months ago, and did not have THEIR people write
some simple compatibility code like ATI did for their graphics card.
The word from Deadwood that descibes such people as:
C___S____RS!
Anyways, my friends, my compatriots into the next realm of the premier
operating platforms in this solar system at least, we, who are now, today,
struggling to make out VISTA BTEA 2 systems work, and providing so much help
to each other, Microsoft, their subsidieries, and all their private,
individual, company, and corporate IP/IT Techs that will make them tons of
money in the future, stick by the FORUMS in the "Windows Vista Newsgroups
Home" and ALL of their subvategories.
Don't let old XP pros bully you out of their domains--tell them to get
stuffed, C___S_____! I am a proud and dtermined Vista Beta Consumer and have
most likely (or will likely if the cheap bastards who actually make marketing
and sales decisions at Microsoft--Bill Gates, PLEASE READ!) paid my money, my
time, and my compassion and soul into making this the Best Possible Operating
System for me and my network, and all of you, because now adays, we are
ultimately connected in some ways or another, and its up to us, the consumer,
to pave the way for a smooth ride on top of the platform/foundation laid
underneath.
BOT=Best of Thoughts

Conor

BECAUSE IT IS A ****ING BETA YOU RETARD.
Make sure you use the Drivers and
Utilities disc that came with your NEW computer, whenever that was, just as a
possible backup, because it worked once for me with the Creative sound card,
but then again, the third time it didn't

SO IN FACT IT DIDN'T WORK. There's next to no point in trying XP
drivers because they run in kernel mode whereas Vista has moved to the
User Mode method for drivers.
BTW: If there is anyone out ther who works for Creative Sound Crds, why
didn't you guys have all your drivers for your NEWSEST sytems ready like ATI
did for their graphics card for this release of Beta 2 Vista?

ATI drivers are far from ready.
You Creative
guys knew this was coming for awhile, and there is no excuse!
I love the HBO series "Deadwood" and there is one word that fits very
appropriately for how I feel about MAJOR companies who KNEW this BETA release
was coming out months and months ago, and did not have THEIR people write
some simple compatibility code like ATI did for their graphics card.

Why the **** should they waste their time writing drivers which most
likely will need a full rewrite for RC1 and RTM versions?

Connor vs.Cocksucker--that must be why you are so upset with my post? Are you
also a Creative guy, Connor? That would mean, you have the 3 C's = Connor is
a Creative Cocksucker!
LOL.
Next time, 3C, please try to be cool with your language and some HELPFUL
advice.
Unless, you would like to take matters outside, and we'll just see . . .
Your Friend,
mikwiz

SHS

He kind has a point about but he dosen't need be a a@@ about it
He could said it a nice way, Conor you need ligthing up a abit there.

Benjamin Gawert

mikwiz said:
Being conscious, I discovered Microsft (M) has been/is/ developing
Vista to REPLACE all older WINDOWS operating systems

Your discovery was just wrong. Vista replaces WIndowsxp and nothing else.
The Windows Server 2003 products are not replaced by Vista but by Longhorn
Server...
[...]

Well, there's a reason why some newsgroups have the word "vista" in their
name and some not. Even the most simpleminded beginner should realize that
is he has a problem related to Windows Vista that this question simply
belongs to newsgroups with "vista" in their name. The windows.64bit.general
newsgroup was listed by MS _in_error_. It is _not_ for Vista but for
"Windowsxp Professional x64 Edition" and "Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition"
(both for AMD64/EM64T) and for "Windowsxp Professional 64bit
Edition"/"Windows Server 2003 64bit Edition" (both for IA64 Itanium).

The naming scheme of the microsoft newsgroup is really easy to understand so
I don't see your problem...
DON"T LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT!
These are public newsgroups, not British aristocracies from the
1900's and Queen Victoria!!!

Maybe you should get grown up? Besides that as I already mentioned there is
a reason why some newsgroups have "vista" in their name and some not, with
such attitude you simply shouldn't expect to get any help with your
problems. If you like it or not the windows.64bit.general newsgoup is _not_
for Vista. You can continue ignoring that and pissing everyone off but don't
expect that your ignorance of common behavior (aka netiquette) will lead to
someone helping you at all. Especially since there already have advices been
posted that windows.64bit.general is not for Vista. People with at least a
minimum of experience in newsgroups first read at least the messages of the
last week or so to see if their problem already has been answered so you
should already have noticed the advice that windows.64bit.general has been
listed by MS in error and probably will be removed from the list of
newsgroups on their website soon.
BTW: If there is anyone out ther who works for Creative Sound Crds,
why didn't you guys have all your drivers for your NEWSEST sytems
ready like ATI did for their graphics card for this release of Beta 2
Vista? You Creative guys knew this was coming for awhile, and there
is no excuse!

Before starting to blame them on drivers for some beta OS you should better
blame them for their drivers for current operating systems first. CL has a
nice history of crappy drivers, so don't expect that beta drivers for a beta
OS will be better...

BTW: Posting the same message in separate newsgroup without x-posting is
very poor posting style...

Benjamin

Conor

He kind has a point about but he dosen't need be a a@@ about it
He could said it a nice way, Conor you need ligthing up a abit there.
Not really. It's bad enough coping with the "How do I turn my computer
on" questions in other newsgroups, let alone about BETA software which
only those with a clue should be using.

Conor

mikwiz said:
Connor vs.Cocksucker--that must be why you are so upset with my post? Are you
also a Creative guy, Connor?

Have the ****ing decency to spell my name right. It's not as if there
aren't enough examples for you to use.
LOL.
Next time, 3C, please try to be cool with your language and some HELPFUL
advice.
Unless, you would like to take matters outside, and we'll just see . . .

Rich coming from someone HIDING behind an anonymous nick.

Fair enough, but you still seem to be one of those OLDbies around the
Microsoft newsgroups that don't feel comfortable about change--i.e. going to
Vista. Is this correct?
Whatever issues you have for me, save them for yourself--I think you are
mirroring alot of angst. No worries, though. I am here to help. Try
meditating. I am serious! it works, and it is free. The trick is, you have to
clear your mind--easier said than done. Solution: when thoughts or sensations
come up, physically and mentally release them however possible. If you can
just focus on the releasing part, you are half way home to a little more
peace and happines and compassion in your life.
No B.S.
Now my ****ing problem is alot worse, and I can't get any ****ing peace or
rest until I get my brand new Dell 944 printer set up on my brand new dell
dimendion E510. There is a wireless Dell printer adapter that works fine also
incolved. I think its a script/software/secujrity issue. . . .
any thoughts?

Benjamin Gawert

mikwiz said:
Fair enough, but you still seem to be one of those OLDbies around the
Microsoft newsgroups that don't feel comfortable about change--i.e.
going to Vista. Is this correct?

First, I really like Vista (was very disappointed about the delay), and I'm
certainly not afraid about change. But what you intend is simply ridiculous.
Newsgroups are divided into several topics. There are newsgroups where Vista
is on-topic (the ones with "vista" in their name) and there are newsgroups
where Vista is offtopic (i.e. windows.64bit.general). Forcing discussions in
newsgroups where the problem is offtopic is useless and arrogant, especially
since there already are more than enough newsgroups for Vista already. With
your interpretation you would also discuss i.e. problems with your car or
sex life in microsoft newsgroups which simply is stupid. ..

Second, yes, I'm quite long active in UseNet (but rarely in microsoft
newsgroups). And I learned that not always things work like I expect it.
There are rules out there that everyone should follow, otherwise useful and
efficient communication is simply not possible. Newsgroups also are a thing
of exchange, and there is no legal right that you will have to get an answer
that either helps you or that you like. Posting stuff in newsgroups it
doesn't belong to is one of the things that just causes complications and
disrupts efficient communication. Mind you, this are not mine (and not
yours, too!) newsgroups, these newsgroups are there because of curtesy of
Microsoft. If people don't follow the rules they just will shut down their
news servers or at least make it for registered users only, and that would
be bad for all of us.
Whatever issues you have for me, save them for yourself--I think you
are mirroring alot of angst. No worries, though. I am here to help.
Try meditating. I am serious! it works, and it is free. The trick is,
you have to clear your mind--easier said than done. Solution: when
thoughts or sensations come up, physically and mentally release them
however possible. If you can just focus on the releasing part, you
are half way home to a little more peace and happines and compassion
in your life.
No B.S.

That's indeed the biggest BS that I have heard for a long time, really. You
seem to believe that your ignorance of the common rules is something like
anarchy against some sort of system you're fighting again. As I said, you
should get grown up. That's not a war to fight, newsgroup live from
cooperation. So the complete opposite of your behavior.
Now my ****ing problem is alot worse, and I can't get any ****ing
peace or rest until I get my brand new Dell 944 printer set up on my
brand new dell dimendion E510. There is a wireless Dell printer
adapter that works fine also incolved. I think its a
script/software/secujrity issue. . . .
any thoughts?

Yes, but certainly nothing you want to hear. But with your very ignorant and
selfish attitude I'm sure you won't see much help

Benjamin

SHS

Not really. It's bad enough coping with the "How do I turn my computer
on" questions in other newsgroups, let alone about BETA software which
only those with a clue should be using.

But you started it with F word in stade of saying it in nice way that the problem if you can't be nice about it then maybe you
should go away in tell you get head on rigth and ack like pearson and not five year kid.

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

"It's bad enough coping with..."
Not really, but if that is how you feel, perhaps you should not be here.

Have the decency to act civil in these newsgroups, see your own other post.

Are you an ignorant ass or just pollute such newsgroup environments with
techie-down crap that sounds good, but means ABSOLUTELY nothing.

Dustin

The ones that have more experience are usually very willing to help

If I have an answer, I'll give it to you. I don't care if your
newbie or a tech with 20 years of programming experience. You have
question that needs answered.

I think you may have ran into a couple bad apples. On the other hand
have you looked at your own attitude as the culprit? I know quite
few people that would either ignore your post or even give yo
attitude back on posts

with an attitude like this i wouldnt bother helping you at all....
and im not a guru, im a technically minded consumer with no qualifications
in IT at all...
You are rude and arrogant and need to be put back in your box.
I feel sorry for the regular users of these boards (im not one of these yet)
who are countlessly reading numerous posts of the same problem and from
people who do not have a grasp of basic concepts but have rushed out to try a
beta (sans BUGGY) OS..

Also.. whats the point of posting this in 'Gaming', i mean really, who in
here gives a shit??? I certainly dont