Attack of the BSODs

I work for a community college that in the last year acquired new computers with the Intel board D865GLC. We have been besieged with BSODs from a few units. The bug check from the last one goes like this:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
event Catagory: None
EventID: 1001
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x10000050 (0x640f000,0x00000000,0x8052c395,0x00000001).
This bugcheck must not be in the database asI didn't see any thing in TechNet or the K.B.

The most popular bugcheck we get is the same event type, source, catagory, and ID. The bugcheck is: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005,0x3f3f3f3f, 0x????????, 0x00000000).
This keeps popping up as a memory problem but I am this is not the case.

Can anyone tell me what these codes mean? Please don't tell me to go to the google link; been there done that, wasn't any help. All I saw were people asking the same questions.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

How to gather information after a memory dump in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314084&Product=winxp

How to Use Driver Verifier to Troubleshoot Windows Drivers
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244617&Product=winxp

Upgrade the BIOS to the latest version and install updated drivers:
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scr...SFullName=Windows*+XP+Professional&submit=Go!

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Mary Moon" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

| I work for a community college that in the last year acquired new computers with the Intel board D865GLC. We
have been besieged with BSODs from a few units. The bug check from the last one goes like this:

| Event Type: Information
| Event Source: Save Dump
| event Catagory: None
| EventID: 1001
| The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x10000050
(0x640f000,0x00000000,0x8052c395,0x00000001).
| This bugcheck must not be in the database asI didn't see any thing in TechNet or the K.B.
|
| The most popular bugcheck we get is the same event type, source, catagory, and ID. The bugcheck is:
0x1000008e (0xc0000005,0x3f3f3f3f, 0x????????, 0x00000000).
| This keeps popping up as a memory problem but I am this is not the case.
|
| Can anyone tell me what these codes mean? Please don't tell me to go to the google link; been there done
that, wasn't any help. All I saw were people asking the same questions.

Thanks for the second link. I'm sure the information will come in handy. I already know how to get the Dump information from the Event Viewer. As for the third one, we have already updated the BIOS on the units that we have been having trouble with. On these units we have replaced the RAM, power supply, and updated the BIOS but we still are getting the BSODs.

Alexander Grigoriev

Those are actually bugcheck 50 (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) and 8E
(KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, c0000005 - access violation). The full
memory dump sould show you the driver where the fault occured. You can also
use windows error reporting after such a crash. It may even tell you what
driver is at fault. You may also see the driver name if you disable
automatic reboot on system failure. BSDO tells you the name.