Athlon 3200+ barton core

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Why does this hold relevence ???

Hi... Would you be able to tell me what week the chip was made? Example the CPU codes will be something like..... AXDA2500DKV4D T818587K30313 AQXFA 0347VPMW @@1999 AMD Hence the 0347 is Made in Y2003 in week 47. All new Bartons (wk39 onwards) are multiplier locked. So I am looking for one before week 39 - so hopefully multiplier unlocked? I aint bothered if its been overclocked, cus I'll be doing the same, as long as I can change the multipliers?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Quite self-explanatory really. With all the AMD series of CPU's, some were unlocked and some were not.

There are guides on the net telling you the times the unlocked chips were manufactured. Unlocked chips are obviously more sought after as they can be overclocked nicely.

It gets even more finicky when you realise that some batches of CPU's overclocked better than others.

Those poor demented souls who follow the holy grail to the ideal CPU for going faster will search high and low for a particular model of a certain CPU.

Why AMD chose to leave multipliers unlocked on some and locked on others is a mystery to me.