Asus a8n dlk and the Zalman Northbridge Cooler

Reaction score
Hello again,

Sorry it’s been a long time since I posted here (I’ve been away travelling for 6 months with not much time to get access to a pc apart from the odd e-mail)

Anyway Ian and co hope your all well at PC review, you'll have to let us know next time u lot go for a beer in Manchester; me and the missus will be up for coming, were only down the road.

Now to the point, after returning from travelling I noticed my chipset fan on my pc started whining. I had an incline this was going to happen sooner or later so I decided to goggle the problem and soon found others with the same issue.

Rather than send the thing back to Asus to install another chipset fan that will only break again in another year or so I wanted another way of cooling the Northbridge.

Then I came across the passive method of cooling and went out to by a Zalman jmnb47j heat sink, so I have now installed this and put another fan in my case to make sure it would pick up sufficient air.

The question is - I have paused the fan monitor in Asus probe to stop it thinking it still has the old fan there, but how do I check the temperature of the n-force 4 Northbridge? Has anyone else installed one of these zalman's on there machine? I just want to make sure am not frying anything. Cannot seem get a measurement of the heat at the Northbridge

Much appreciated

Mikey

Reaction score
You were in the situation i am in now with my IC7-G :p

I would imagine you can check it if you go into BIOS... it should list all the values.

As ME said, try MBM5 - if Asus probe wont see it. Crap program that its.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hello Baseline,

There is no thermal sensor on the northbridge, well they ain't on my A8N-E ... that little 'blue job' should be fine.

:thumb:

Ask a Question