Bargain Assassins Creed Origins with Samsung SSD's

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Samsung currently giving away Assassins Creed: Origins with all their SSD's including M.2 types at some dealers.

I bought a Samsung SSD for my recent Win 10 install from Novatech and received an activation code and a net link with it.

I already had Uplay (Ubisoft's 'Steam' or 'Origin' type games program) installed and after activation online was able to download the game into my Uplay program.

It's a biggie though, weighed in at 37.5Gb.

Not all dealers selling Samsung SSD's are participating though, Amazon, for instance, are not taking part in this deal.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I haven't tried the game yet, I've installed all the sensible stuff into my new Win 10 install, now busy downloading games into Steam, Origin, GOG & Uplay.

And even a few into Windows...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Played through the first Quest in Assassins Creed Origins and it seems ok, certainly holding my attention more than most of the other AC games I've tried which are: I; II; III; Brotherhood; Black Flag and Syndicate.

Early days yet though we'll see how the game progresses.

The AC game I've enjoyed the most has been Black Flag but I didn't get anywhere near finishing it, I just lost interest in it at some stage. In fact I've never found the Assassins Creed series very appealing.

Assassins Creed Origins costs fifty quid on Steam and if you want to buy the version with all the extras and a Season Pass that can be had for £63.79 on Green Man Gaming. So I suppose I should feel good for getting it as a freebie with a hard drive.

I had really fancied getting the new Wolfenstein game as I liked the two before it (The New Order) a lot but reading all the reviews at Steam I won't be buying that one anytime soon, seems the game is really short, poorly optimised and prone to crashing on PC. This is why it's probably not a good idea to pre-purchase games, best to wait to see if they're any good, despite maybe losing out on a few pre-purchase perks.

Which brings us to Call Of Duty WWII, released tomorrow. Now there's a game I seriously might buy, despite the £45 price tag, it holds promise methinks. I didn't buy the last CoD, I had become bored with the series but this one looks as if it could be good.

I'll wait til it's been out a few days then take a look at the reviews before purchase.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Cor, at that price it's almost worth just buying an SSD for the game! I really enjoyed watching Becky play the AC series on the PS4, although I only played the first two myself. By the time I get round to playing it, it'll only be a fiver at this rate :lol:.

Ask a Question