Time: 4:56:13 PM
User: N/A
Computer: JULIESHI-1
Description:
aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the
..NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation
directory allow access to the configured account.

=====================================

I changed my domain password on the PC then found the .Net application is
not working. Is this something related with permission? Could anyone tell me
what to do?

Thanks,

Julie

G

You should check the configuration in the processModel of the machine.config file to ensure that you are allowing ASP.NET to run as the aspnet worker process and that you have not specified any other informatio

userName="machine" password="AutoGenerate"

Also, confirm that you have not changed the password for the aspnet_wp

G

Sorry this is a related question, not a solution

I am running a W2k server. I had a working application running wiht the 1.0 framework. I upgrraded to the 1.1 framework in order to release a new app that I had written to use that framework. I can now get neither framework to work

I get the following messages:

Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.
Event Type: Erro
Event Source: ASP.NET 1.1.4322.
Event Category: Non
Event ID: 100
Date: 25/05/200
Time: 10:56:3
User: N/
Computer: LIV
Description
aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or password supplied in the processModel section of the config file are invalid.

Event ID: 108
Description
aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is 80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the configured account.

I have read many articles and all seem to apply to 1.0 and not 1.1. The knowledge base article that sugests changing the username and password in the process model section of machine.config states that this solution does not apply to framework 1.1.

Please can someone help as I have two applications that can not be used

Thank
Naom

G

One of the possible reason can be that the account under which ur asp.net worker process is running is locked out
Also other possible reasons can be that its credentials have got changed
If nothing works ... just uninstall/install the windows component update
Pls let me know if problem still persists

Regards
Vika

----- Naomi wrote: ----

Sorry this is a related question, not a solution

I am running a W2k server. I had a working application running wiht the 1.0 framework. I upgrraded to the 1.1 framework in order to release a new app that I had written to use that framework. I can now get neither framework to work

I get the following messages:

Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.
Event ID: 100
Description
aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or password supplied in the processModel section of the config file are invalid.

Event ID: 108
Description
aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is 80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the configured account.

I have read many articles and all seem to apply to 1.0 and not 1.1. The knowledge base article that sugests changing the username and password in the process model section of machine.config states that this solution does not apply to framework 1.1.

Please can someone help as I have two applications that can not be used

Thank
Naom

Ask a Question