Application Sharing

Troy

Hello, I could use help on ensuring that I can share
applications using.
I am using MSN Messenger ver. 6.1 w/XP Pro
I am behind a LinkSys router.

FIrst attempt to share an application with someone
failed. Also tried to share application on my local
network. Neither MSN Messenger nor NetMeeting are able to
connect from my computer. Are there some special settins
I should be looking for?

Thanks

Troy

Tried these from other posts with success. Not sure which
one did it:

I enabled: UPnP Services: // disabled previously

Not sure if that was the key. I did this also and now I
can connect locally:

If that's not the case, you may need to remove the
current port forwardings. To do so, click
Start, All Programs, Accessories, Communications, Network
Connections. Right-click the
"Internet Gateway" (should be under the Internet Gateway
heading) and choose Properties.
Choose the Settings button click each 'msmsgs'
or 'msnmsgr' entry and then choose 'Delete'
to each one. Then close Messenger (right-click the
Messenger icon, choose Exit), then restart
Messenger.

Also.

/* Newsgroup Topic Begins*/

Greetings,

Unfortunately in MSN Messenger 6.x on Windows XP you
cannot start Netmeeting directly from
Messenger.

If you'd like to have this functionality, you'll need to
use Windows Messenger 5:
http://tinyurl.com/ohq3

and import this .reg key:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/wm5_addnetmeeti
ng.reg
(if Windows Messenger is running, you'll need to restart
it to see the Netmeeting option)

/* Newsgroup Topic Ends */