Application Icons on Desktop Appearance

G

To get the icon label to appear on a black background in WIN 2000, I go would proceed via MY COMPUTER>CONTROL PANEL> DISPLAY, then select the APPEARANCE tab, and then change item:DESKTOP COLOR: to Black. That Black would show up in the labels of the icons on top of my background wallpaper. This method does not work in XP Pro. How do I customize the color of the label font and its background?

K

Keith Miller

To have the icon labels surrounded by the desktop color, you can do one of two things.

1) Right-click on desktop -> Arrange Icons by... -> check 'Lock web items on desktop'

2) System Properties -> Advanced tab -> Performance Settings -> uncheck 'Use drop shadows for icon
labels...'

The font color is not configurable, explorer picks black or white based on the desktop color.

Keith

DZ said:
To get the icon label to appear on a black background in WIN 2000, I go would proceed via MY
COMPUTER>CONTROL PANEL> DISPLAY, then select the APPEARANCE tab, and then change item:DESKTOP COLOR:
to Black. That Black would show up in the labels of the icons on top of my background wallpaper.
This method does not work in XP Pro. How do I customize the color of the label font and its
background?

G

Thank you

----- Keith Miller wrote: ----

To have the icon labels surrounded by the desktop color, you can do one of two things

1) Right-click on desktop -> Arrange Icons by... -> check 'Lock web items on desktop

2) System Properties -> Advanced tab -> Performance Settings -> uncheck 'Use drop shadows for ico
labels...

The font color is not configurable, explorer picks black or white based on the desktop color

Keit

DZ said:
To get the icon label to appear on a black background in WIN 2000, I go would proceed via M
COMPUTER>CONTROL PANEL> DISPLAY, then select the APPEARANCE tab, and then change item:DESKTOP COLOR
to Black. That Black would show up in the labels of the icons on top of my background wallpaper
This method does not work in XP Pro. How do I customize the color of the label font and it
background

K

Keith Miller

You're welcome.

DZ said:
Thank you.

----- Keith Miller wrote: -----

To have the icon labels surrounded by the desktop color, you can do one of two things.

1) Right-click on desktop -> Arrange Icons by... -> check 'Lock web items on desktop'

2) System Properties -> Advanced tab -> Performance Settings -> uncheck 'Use drop shadows for icon
labels...'

The font color is not configurable, explorer picks black or white based on the desktop color.

Keith

MY
COMPUTER>CONTROL PANEL> DISPLAY, then select the APPEARANCE tab, and then change item:DESKTOP COLOR:
to Black. That Black would show up in the labels of the icons on top of my background wallpaper.
This method does not work in XP Pro. How do I customize the color of the label font and its
background?

Ask a Question