Apple earning a massive profit per smartphone

Editorial Apple earning a massive profit per smartphone

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Becky submitted a new article:

Apple earning a massive profit per smartphone - Apple is making a lot more money per handset sold than its competitors

Counterpoint Research announced yesterday that Apple is the most profitable mobile phone handset brand, and in the fourth quarter of 2017 they captured a whopping 86% of global handset profits. This news delighted many Apple fans, who viewed it as affirmation that the brand was justifiably strong. If you live in the USA or UK then you are probably used to Apple phones being...

Read more about this article...

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
Customers are just fine with paying extra just because it's an Apple product. But not me, I like to save money. As a matter of fact, I got my LG phone for free. :dance:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I think a lot of people like Apple because their tech tends to be straightforward and everything works well together. Obviously the downside is that it costs a lot, and you have to have all Apple products if you want them to work together, because Apple isn't easily compatible with anything else. Plus there's the fact that their phones turn into bricks after 2 years :rolleyes:

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
Plus there's the fact that their phones turn into bricks after 2 years :rolleyes:

Yea my fiancee's son has problems with their iPhone, it was that update that slows down the processor when the battery gets old. I wonder if Apple slows down their laptops also?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder if Apple slows down their laptops also?

That's an interesting question... as they use similar non-replaceable batteries :eek:. I guess they let the laptop battery life shorten rather then reduce the power, as it's not quite as critical (although still important).

I had a quick google and according to a few news sites, a "leaked" document suggests it's only the iPhone that is being throttled.

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
I have been bidding on some used MacBook Pros on eBay and they keep outbidding me. Those fanatics are willing to pay A LOT more than I am. I'll have to sell some of my comic books so that I can pay a little more for the MacBook I guess. Wish me luck.

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
I guess those Apple fanatics like to pay extra for their devices. That way Apple can afford to innovate new products. :fool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
So Apple make more profit on their phones than their competitors? Nothing new there then, probably the same for all their other products.

I've mentioned it before but I confess I really did like the one iPhone I owned, a IV. But month by month it became outmoded and useless until, as the expression goes, it became a brick. So, never again.

Maybe hard to believe but I've never, ever, used a Mac, neither Laptop nor Desktop. They may be good but fact remains they cost more than the competition, probably selling mainly to style and fashion victims.

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
We are in the wrong business. We need to sell phones that look more beautiful than the iPhone for triple the price! :drool:

Ask a Question