Anyone know what this means?

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear all

My system is so well defended (or I hope it is) but today some very strange things have been happening:

1 Computer has suddenly rebooted several times for no reason
2 IE won't open all of the time
3 Tried to get onto a trusted site and the following came up: WHACKERZ by Saudia_HaCker

I have:

Webroot, MS Antispyware, Adaware, Spywareblaster and Norton plus MS Firewall and firewall on wireless router.

All are up to date and the scans are not coming up with anything untoward.

Three questions:

1 Does it sound like something has got in/attacked the system?
2 What is WHACKERZ by Saudia_HaCker?
3 What should I do?

Love

Gabs x

Reaction score
To my knowledge they are a Pakistani hacking crew.

I have no idea how you have their page on IE tho :(

Have you tryed deleting all temp directories, and cookies?

Do it in safe mode!!

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi TriplexDread

Thanks for that - I have rebooted in safe mode and deleted cookies + stuff in temp directory. I have scanned with everything on the machine and it's not coming up with anything.

Do you/anyone else think that this is anything to be concerned about?

Love

Gabs xx

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
PS I have no connection with Pakistani hacking crews or hacking crews of any description!!

Gabs xx

Reaction score
Who else uses the computer?

Maybe someone looking for downloads or game codes of sorts?

Its definately entered you system from a hyper text link I would think although not being and expert on HTTP or other programming text I couldnt swear by that statement.

Just keep and eye out for sites that are being visited by kids or others using puter. If need be set parental options to only allow certain sites via explorer.
I thinis is possibly the best option ;)

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
What do I need to do to get rid of it given I can't find anything untoward on the scans and all the protection is up to date?

Gabs xx

Reaction score
Have your tryed doing a registry scan?

Do you know how to?

Altho not sure if would hide it in there

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
There are 5 users (myself + 4 others). Kids look for cheats for PS2, DS etc..... and 2 users use a programme called Limewire. Me - don't do much other than work stuff, bank site, PCR and few trusted sites.

Gabs xx

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
you might want to get rid of limewire, the P2P networks are usually full of dodgy progrmas and such

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi TriplexDread

No, don't know how to do registry scan but if someone tells me what do do I could follow the instructions. Are you up for telling me how to do it?

Love

Gabs xx

Reaction score
I agree Limewire has had some bad press recently because its getting targeted by the aforementioned people

Goto internet properties/general/ home page.

Make sure it aint set as your home page. If it is just reset it to blank or what ever you use

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
No, the homepage is still showing as msn.co.uk but every now and again (just today) says it can't be opened although the internet connection is fine.

Love

Gabs xx

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Gabs,

Gabs said:
3. Tried to get onto a trusted site and the following came up: WHACKERZ by Saudia_HaCker
What site was it?

Have you tried A-Squared and CCleaner

Both programs are well worth having. :thumb:

Reaction score
Ok but but you have got to be careful!!!!!!

Start/Run

type: regedit

in the window that pops up goto Edit/Find, type in the name of the files

so it would be: WHACKERZ by Saudia_HaCker

Make sure the cursor is at top of screen highlighting the My Computer Icon

If nothing appears then try the same thing but in a different sequence like

WHACKERZ

or

Saudia_HaCker on different searches

if something appears right click in the right hand window and delete that search string only.

Press F3 to continue down the search.

Please be careful not to delete anything you need, if you stick the above search then you should be fine ;)

If your not sure then dont do it!! Im sure there is another way to sort it out. The first being get shut of limewire. The above is a very straight forward and stiff approach and shouldnt be done if you can avoid it, especially if you aint done it before.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I dont think its on your pc Gabs, I just Googled WHACKERZ by Saudia_HaCker

Looks like they been busy, theres a lot of sites out there that have been hacked by them. :(

But i would still give your pc the once over with the above programs to be sure. :thumb:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Thanks Guys

To recap:

1 Shall I do a registry scan or not?
2 Limewire will be going - aint something I ever use but 2 users are pretty prolific on there!! Let's just say words have been said in this house on the subject of Limewire on many occasions. I have never been that keen on it but you can't manage other people all of the time!!!
3 I was trying to get onto my local Chamber of Commerce site to get some business information that's when WHACKERZ etc......popped up - I reckon there's unlikely to be anything on that site that would 'get me'.

Thanks guys again!!

Gabs xx

Reaction score
The scan is entirely upto you. If you do it and something pops up then delete it. If you do it and nothing pops up then leave it. There again if you do it and something does pop up but your not sure if you should delete it then leave it too ;)

Doing the scan wont affect the way you computer works :)

Last edited:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
There's nothing showing on the scan, I have tried different combinations of the offending name so that's good :)

Many thanks

Gabriella x

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Definitely download and run A-Squared, that may find the offending program.

Both myself and my daughter use Limewire, never had a problem. Of course a lot has to do with knowing what you're looking at and recognising file extensions. Many kids will not notice anything untoward.

I use Antivir; AdawareSE; A-Squared and on my daughter's machine Spywareblaster as well. And XP's own firewall plus I'm going through a router with a hardware firewall.

Antivir knocks spots off of Nortons. Nortons is, frankly, a pile of poo and offers about as much protection as a cardboard shield. Sorry.

Ask a Question