Anyone know how to get a new window from a dynamic table of contents?

Simon Parker

I have a page with a dynamic table of contents based on categories which
link to either pdf files or htm files (created from XL or Word). When you
click on a link to a document, you can view the page ok but in the same
window. Is there an easy way to launch a document from this automatic table
of contents in a separate window?

Steve Easton

Click once on your hyperlink, then right click.
Select hyperlink properties, click Target frame
and then select New Window. Click Ok or Apply.

Simon Parker

Thanks for that. It is an option to add the links by hand but I wanted to
use the table of contents 'web component' to generate the page links
automatically based on files with certain categories flagged. Any ideas?

Stefan B Rusynko

The <base target="_blank"> should be in the Head section (inside the <head> tags
(http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#edef-BASE)
--

| |\----------------------------------------------------/|
| || Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Inside Out ||
| || Microsoft FrontPage Version 2002 Inside Out ||
| || Web Database Development Step by Step .NET Edition ||
| || Troubleshooting Microsoft FrontPage 2002 ||
| || Faster Smarter Beginning Programming ||
| || (All from Microsoft Press) ||
| |/----------------------------------------------------\|
| *------------------------------------------------------*

Jim Buyens

Stefan B Rusynko said:
The <base target="_blank"> should be in the Head section (inside the <head> tags
(http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#edef-BASE)

Oops, my mistake. Good catch.

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
(e-mail address removed)
http://www.interlacken.com
Author of:
|\----------------------------------------------------/|
|| Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Inside Out ||
|| Microsoft FrontPage Version 2002 Inside Out ||
|| Web Database Development Step by Step .NET Edition ||
|| Troubleshooting Microsoft FrontPage 2002 ||
|| Faster Smarter Beginning Programming ||
|| (All from Microsoft Press) ||
|/----------------------------------------------------\|

Simon Parker

Thanks everyone... It works!
Jim Buyens said:
"Stefan B Rusynko" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Oops, my mistake. Good catch.

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
(e-mail address removed)