Anyone else having problems with Windows Update?

kurttrail

If you're having problems with Windows Update, then download the patches
directly.

MS04-011 - Security Update for Windows XP (KB835732)

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...c-3a43455761bf/WindowsXP-KB835732-x86-ENU.EXE

MS04-012 - Security Update for Windows XP (KB828741)

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...0-b75bcf7368cc/WindowsXP-KB828741-x86-ENU.EXE

MS04-013 - Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service Pack
1 (KB837009)

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...aa-9babb069304a/OE6.0sp1-KB837009-x86-ENU.exe

MS04-014 - Security Update for Windows XP (KB837001)

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...a-af5625bb8d2d/WindowsXP-KB837001-x86-ENU.EXE

--
Peace!
Kurt

Jim Macklin

That's very nice of you, did you see the Passion?

"kurttrail" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
| If you're having problems with Windows Update, then
download the patches
| directly.
|

| MS04-011 - Security Update for Windows XP (KB835732)

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...c-3a43455761bf/WindowsXP-KB835732-x86-ENU.EXE

| MS04-012 - Security Update for Windows XP (KB828741)

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...0-b75bcf7368cc/WindowsXP-KB828741-x86-ENU.EXE

| MS04-013 - Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express
6 Service Pack
| 1 (KB837009)

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...aa-9babb069304a/OE6.0sp1-KB837009-x86-ENU.exe

| MS04-014 - Security Update for Windows XP (KB837001)

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...a-af5625bb8d2d/WindowsXP-KB837001-x86-ENU.EXE

| --
| Peace!
| Kurt
| Self-anointed Moderator
| microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
| http://microscum.com
| "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an
Oxymoron!

Jim said:
That's very nice of you, did you see the Passion?

Nope. I'm more interested in Yehoshua ben Yoseph's life, than his
torture and death.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei!"

Jim Macklin

I was commenting on Kurt's reply and asking if his reply (I
guess to you?) was so useful and I was rather tongue in
cheek asking if his change was caused by the Passion.

Have a nice day.

| Hi, Jim. I think you were thanking me for my thank-you. If
so, thank-you for thinking of that. No, I didn't see the
Passion, and if you were actually thanking another thinker,
this is a blooper on me. cheryl

Jim Macklin

Your reply was so nice and out of character I thought
something must have caused the change.

Isn't it amazing, we are all so used to the modern
perfection of the Internet and a few seconds delay is cause
for alarm. I remember when a long distance phone call was
an "important" event.

"kurttrail" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
| Jim Macklin wrote:
|
| > That's very nice of you, did you see the Passion?
|
| Nope. I'm more interested in Yehoshua ben Yoseph's life,
than his
| torture and death.
|
| --
| Peace!
| Kurt
| Self-anointed Moderator
| microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
| http://microscum.com
| "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an
Oxymoron!
| "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei!"

Jim Macklin

Actually I heard that in total there are 20 updates, 5 apply
to XP and IE 6. That's as many as I got.

message
| Thanks for posting these.
| However, weren't there 5 critical updates?
| You list four.

David

kurttrail wrote
If you're having problems with Windows Update, then download the patches
directly.

I wish I'd had this between 5:30 and 6:00 this morning. Took me 4 attempts
to get them installed from WU :(

Thanks again for the help. I love this newsgroup, and I've actually learned more here than from any other source -- including the paid sources. Luv to ya'all!!