AntiHook - Host Intrusion Prevention System to complement MS AntiSpyware

I

Ivo Ivanov

Hello,

InfoProcess AntiHook is a Host Intrusion Prevention System that protects the operating system from malicious code execution and other kinds of Malware. It is a real-time behaviour based solution that doesn't depend on signatures and definitions. AntiHook is a kernel and user mode protection that integrates seamlessly with Windows 2000 and above. AntiHook works side by side with MS AntiSpyware and it is a complementary solution to MS AntiSpyware.
It is free for home users. For more information visit http://www.infoprocess.com.au/antihook.php

AntiHook detects and can block following attacks at kernel level before they take place on the user's machine:
* Launching of malicious applications and processes. This option allows the user to put restrictions on what applications execute on her machine.
* Termination of critical security applications (e.g. Firewall, Anti-virus, and Anti-spyware software).
* Loading of suspicious DLLs (e.g. IE Browser Helper Objects, ActiveX components, COM objects).
* Execution of code in a remote program through code injection (e.g. Trojans or Malware modifying the memory space of an external application and executing malicious code).
* Remote injection of code through standard Win32 API calls to the CreateRemoteThread() API or other native APIs called from within Rootkits.
* Installation of Kernel Device Drivers (Kernel Rootkits) that integrate and then maliciously alter the Windows operating system.
* Registration of programs for loading on PC start-up or when the user logs on to the system.
* Registration of Initialisation DLLs that load each time a new application starts
* Installation of system-wide Windows hooks by using standard Win32 APIs or native APIs
* Attaching a malicious "debugger" to another process

AntiHook 2.5 comes with a nice rule editor and provides "learning mode" that allows the user to train the system.

Thanks,

Ivo Ivanov

R

RobbieA

Hi Monitor:

A tad too self-serving for my tastes, but I copied it in
toto so if it turns out not to be really 100% free, ole
Ivo there is gonna' be explaining why to several folks I
know.

RobbieA

A

Anonymous Bob

RobbieA said:
Hi Monitor:

A tad too self-serving for my tastes, but I copied it in
toto so if it turns out not to be really 100% free, ole
Ivo there is gonna' be explaining why to several folks I
know.

RobbieA
Spam alert or public service announcement?

A quick google search shows he's hitting all the security newsgroups.

Bob Vanderveen

F

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

Anonymous Bob said:
Spam alert or public service announcement?

A quick google search shows he's hitting all the security newsgroups.

Bob Vanderveen

Well within the MS guidelines for their newsgroups.

Ask a Question