Anti-Virus for windows Mobile 6.0?

Reaction score
Hey People,

Was just wondering what people are using for their Windows Mobile devie in the way of anti-virus/security. need to get something on my new device pretty sharpish, not sure what's availble. Any suggesstions/experience's much appreciated....I'm running Windows Mobile 6.1 on HTC Touch Pro. Cheers.

Reaction score
I don't use anything on mine (HTC Touch HD) - If i get a virus i'll just re-flash DUTTY's Rom - all my stuff is backed onto the exchange server, and the storage is an 8gb card.

Reaction score
Thats fair enough Chris, cheers for that. It's not really a big issue for me as like yourself, my email runs through an Exchange and everything is backed up on the SD card/PC, theres just the odd occasion i need to use it as a flash drive and sometimes i carry sensitive stuff on it, so thought i'd best look into it. Cheers.

Reaction score
Nah, don't have anything on mine either (HTC TyTN II) never had a virus. As far as I know I didn't think that there were that many viruses out ther for Windows Mobile :confused:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
A recent study (April 2 2009) claims the only reason smartphone viruses ain’t as widespread as PC viruses, yet ... is because no smartphone OS is popular enough to let a virus to spread effectively.
:confused:

Now, on another page I read ...

"Nokia’s Symbian OS, which runs on hundreds of millions of devices and holds over 60% of the smartphone market."

... So what do you call Symbian, then, if there is no single smartphone OS that owns a critical percentage of the market?

:lol:

I don't have a "smart" phone ... it's always skint. :rolleyes:

Oh, if you do get an infection, don't forget to bolt the barn door afterwards. ;)

:wave:

Ask a Question