Another connector problem, but a little different

B

Brandon

I just started using Outlook Connector with the version released a few days ago (first I have ever heard of the program). I have three hotmail accounts, two with less than 200 messages, the third however has over 10,000.

Most of those 10,000 were auto-notifications for things that I had setup to be automatically placed in a folder. The consequence to this was a lot of them did get checked and so I've always had 9000+ un-read email messages in that folder.

So I setup Outlook Connector and it downloaded all 10,000+ emails into Outlook in their respective folders. So to get rid of all the un-read messages, I right-clicked the folder, "Mark all as Read".

For the next 5ish send receives, the Outlook Connector toolbar would show "Uploading changes to blah" (blah being the folder name with all the un-read messages)

Now when I would refresh Windows Live Hotmail after each of these send/receives there would be about a 1000 less un-read messages in that folder. However, after that 5th send/receive it will no longer apply changes to the folder on Windows Live Hotmail. It stays at the same number of un-read messages in the web interface when their "Marked as Read" in Outlook.

I have tried sending a message to the account, receiving the message in the Outlook inbox, moving the message to the blah folder and then doing another send/receive. The message will show up in the blah folder in Windows Live Hotmail, but all the other messages still remain un-read.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

The name is deceptive for this group. It's actually a programming group.
There are probably more people familiar with the Outlook connector, and
MVP's who have dealt with it, in a more general Outlook group such as
microsoft.public.outlook.general.

Ask a Question