Annoying Backdoor Trojen

Gregory Kleverlaan

My computer seems to be affecterd by some sort of Backdoor Trojen.
I have scanned my computer thoroughly with Nortan Antivirus but can't seem
to detect it.

I have no idea what version of Backdoor Trojan it is but its very annoying
and Nortan Antivirus
real time monitor pops up the following message every time an application is
started.

Scan type: Realtime Protection Scan
Event: Virus Found!
Virus name: Backdoor.Trojan
File: C:\WINDOWS\System32\logndh.dll
Location: C:\WINDOWS\System32
Computer: SPRINGFI-6OR7AB
Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine failed : Access denied
Date found: Saturday, 24 July 2004 3:49:17 PM

Can anybody shed some light on this annoying Virus and how to get rid of it?

My System is
Running windows xp
System Restore is Dissabled
"Add-aware" and "Spybot Search and Destry" have both been run and cleaned
out any findings with latest definitions.

I also tried searching for the above mentioned file "logndh.dll" but was
unable to find it.

null

My computer seems to be affecterd by some sort of Backdoor Trojen.
I have scanned my computer thoroughly with Nortan Antivirus but can't seem
to detect it.

I have no idea what version of Backdoor Trojan it is but its very annoying
and Nortan Antivirus
real time monitor pops up the following message every time an application is
started.

Scan type: Realtime Protection Scan
Event: Virus Found!
Virus name: Backdoor.Trojan
File: C:\WINDOWS\System32\logndh.dll
Location: C:\WINDOWS\System32
Computer: SPRINGFI-6OR7AB
Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine failed : Access denied
Date found: Saturday, 24 July 2004 3:49:17 PM

Can anybody shed some light on this annoying Virus and how to get rid of it?

My System is
Running windows xp
System Restore is Dissabled
"Add-aware" and "Spybot Search and Destry" have both been run and cleaned
out any findings with latest definitions.

I also tried searching for the above mentioned file "logndh.dll" but was
unable to find it.

What do other antivirus products have to say when you scan your drive
with them in Safe mode?

Art
http://www.epix.net/~artnpeg

Gregory Kleverlaan

as you can see by my Hijack this that the last item O20 shows the infected
file (logndh.dll) yet there is nothing I can do
since the file physically doesn't exist. Maybe there are some other entries
I should delete as well?

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\vptray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\Program Files\ICQ\ICQ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\devldr32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\DefWatch.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\Rtvscan.exe
C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\btdownloadgui.exe
C:\Program Files\eMule\emule.exe
C:\Program Files\Overnet\overnet.exe
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
C:\virus clean\Antidote.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Greg\LOCALS~1\Temp\pftAF~tmp\SuperLite.exe
C:\virus clean\utils\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\regedit.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd={SUB_PRD}&clcid={SUB_CLSID}&pver={SUB_PVER}&ar=home
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL =
http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&pver=6&ar=msnhome
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL =
http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant =
http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,CustomizeSearch =
http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
http://www.msn.com/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} -
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program
Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Ipswitch.WsftpBrowserHelper -
{601ED020-FB6C-11D3-87D8-0050DA59922B} - C:\Program Files\WS_FTP
Pro\wsbho2K0.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} -
C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control
Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\Program
Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\vptray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mirabilis ICQ] C:\Program Files\ICQ\ICQNet.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program
Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] "C:\PROGRA~1\BILLPS~1\WINPAT~1\WinPatrol.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy
Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe /0
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [ICQ] C:\Program Files\ICQ\ICQ.exe -trayboot
O4 - Global Startup: GetRight - Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program
Files\GetRight\getright.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with GetRight - C:\Program
Files\GetRight\GRdownload.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open with GetRight Browser - C:\Program
Files\GetRight\GRbrowse.htm
O9 - Extra button: ICQ Pro - {6224f700-cba3-4071-b251-47cb894244cd} -
C:\Program Files\ICQ\ICQ.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ - {6224f700-cba3-4071-b251-47cb894244cd} -
C:\Program Files\ICQ\ICQ.exe
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) -
http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061001/housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan53.cab
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINDOWS\System32\logndh.dll

null

as you can see by my Hijack this that the last item O20 shows the infected
file (logndh.dll) yet there is nothing I can do
since the file physically doesn't exist. Maybe there are some other entries
I should delete as well?

None that I saw. I see you have antidote/SuperLite. Is it up to date?
Doesn't an updated antidote find any malware?

Art
http://www.epix.net/~artnpeg

Gregory Kleverlaan

it origionally found some trojan stuff. I went through the hard disk and
deleted all the files related to the trojan findings.

I also did a online scan (house call) from Trend Micro and removed three
references to trojans. Now that all references and infected files have been
deleted all scanners and checkers come up negative. But the antivirus
software Nortan still reports the virus every time an application program is
executed

Greg