Excel Allowing users to add rows in protected excel table

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a way to let the user add rows to a protected table and still get the formulas in the cells that's supposed to have formulas?

I have a table which is protected and users has access to certain "data entry" cells. One user should have the access to add "records". When the "insert row" option is allowed when protecting sheet, the user is allowed to insert a row but the row is blank (without formulas in cells that does calculation. Is there a way to fix this? Can the user "tab" in the protected sheet and add a row?

I am using Excel 2010

Thanks

Ismaili

Reaction score
After playing around with it a bit, I couldn't find an easy solution for you. I did manage to find an article that may be of use to you, but it's a lot of VBA, so I won't be of much further help. Good Luck!

Link

Reaction score
After playing around with it a bit, I couldn't find an easy solution for you. I did manage to find an article that may be of use to you, but it's a lot of VBA, so I won't be of much further help. Good Luck!

Link
Thanks, alow. I am not good with VBA codes so dont know if that will work for me. But thanks for trying and for the link

Ask a Question