"All Programs" Full

too much stuff

I have alot of programs installed and All Programs wont show them all. Is
there any way to choose which ones are shown, or perhaps group some of the
lesser used together in a sub-folder? I have tried dragging some in to
another folder but they won't stay. Any help appriciated!

PD43

too much stuff said:
I have alot of programs installed and All Programs wont show them all. Is
there any way to choose which ones are shown, or perhaps group some of the
lesser used together in a sub-folder? I have tried dragging some in to
another folder but they won't stay. Any help appriciated!

I have several folders I've created in mine that I've successfully
moved other folders into. I've had no problem with them staying where
I put them.

Nepatsfan

too much stuff said:
I have alot of programs installed and All Programs wont show them all. Is
there any way to choose which ones are shown, or perhaps group some of the
lesser used together in a sub-folder? I have tried dragging some in to
another folder but they won't stay. Any help appriciated!

Right click on your Start button and select Explore All Users from the menu.
You should see this folder opened in Windows Explorer.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu

In the folder tree in the left hand pane, click on Programs.
You should now be able to organize the programs listed on your Start menu just
as you would any other folder.
Check your progress occasionally by hitting the Start button.
Once you have this folder organized the way you want, go back and right click
the Start button again and select Explore from the menu.
You should now see this folder opened in WE where YourAccount represents the
name of your user account.

C:\Documents and Settings\YourAccount\Start Menu

Do the same organization procedure you did earlier for this folder.

Note: The contents of these two folders are combined to create the Start menu
you see displayed. Also, if you had a problem dragging and dropping items on the
All Programs menu check to see that it is enabled. Right click the Start button
and select Properties from the menu. Click on the Customize button. Click on the
Advanced tab. In the Stat menu items box, make sure "Enable dragging and
dropping" is checked.

Take a look at the Reorganize the folders in your All Programs menu section of
this article for more info.

Customize your Start menu
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/personalize/startmenu.mspx

Good luck

Nepatsfan

Doug W.

"too much stuff" <too much (e-mail address removed)>
wrote in message
I have alot of programs installed and All Programs wont show
them all. Is
there any way to choose which ones are shown, or perhaps group
some of the
lesser used together in a sub-folder? I have tried dragging
some in to
another folder but they won't stay. Any help appriciated!
-
---------
Here is the url for a program that I swear by. It has made my
life so much more pleasant now that I can customize my 'start
menu' and organize it in a sensible way.
-
http://www.tidystartmenu.com/index.shtml
-
Doug W.