All in one printer with serious drivers

M

Mario Giammarco

Hello,
I have just had a bad experience with an ink jet all in one hp of a customer of mine (I get paid by hour for repairs):

- I go there to install the driver in a new windows 7 pc;
- driver is 300 MB (the version with scan support they need) so 15 minutes waiting for download (the customer is looking me doing nothing and get paid)
- the HP printer was wireless but the driver incredibly wants an usb cable for first installation!!!! It was out of question moving the printer
- next day I go there with 10 meters usb cable: the driver now says: I am sorry but it is already installed... are we joking???

So I need to suggest a new all in one, preferably laser this time, to my customer.

But all reviews in web are not useful to me: they barely scratch the surface of the printers reviewed.

An example: now the HP8600 receives a lot of positive rievews (faster than laser, low ink costs) but can I trust it anymore?

Can you suggest me a color allinone of epson/canon/(hp)/other brands? without hidden/drivers problems? Preferably with postscript/pcl6 support so I can use also with generic drivers or with Macintosh

Thank you very much in advance,

Mario

J

Jan Alter

I've used newegg.com user reviews for years to get an inkling (pardon the
expression) of what others think of the items they've bought. Usually
finding a product that is popular with 4 or 5 stars has given me
satisfaction. Of course reading the reviews, especially the 1 and 2 star
reviews, gives me more insight to the negatives about the product.

M

Mario Giammarco

Il giorno lunedì 30 aprile 2012 13:09:49 UTC+2, Jan Alter ha scritto:
I've used newegg.com user reviews for years to get an inkling (pardon the
expression)

Good idea, infact I followed your suggestion and I discovered several hints..

M

Mario Giammarco

Il giorno venerdì 4 maggio 2012 20:05:27 UTC+2, David H. Lipman ha scritto:
Feedback based upon replies is strongly urged

I give feedback... unfortunately I am very slow...

Ask a Question