Alas poor Wilbur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
No doubt the fire was started by the cat who was downloading off the internet:p
Funny he happened to be there at the time.

Zzzzz

Reaction score
Well then, I don't understand your lack of sympathy. People grow attached to their pets and to have some total f*ckwit keep a dangerous animal next door is not a pleasant though.

What would have happened if an Doberman had attacked and killed a Yorkshire Terrier. Would people find it so funny?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
bodhi said:
Well then, I don't understand your lack of sympathy. People grow attached to their pets and to have some total f*ckwit keep a dangerous animal next door is not a pleasant though.

What would have happened if an Doberman had attacked and killed a Yorkshire Terrier. Would people find it so funny?

I knew I'd get flak for this, just call me an Agent Provocoteur ;)

Look, it just tickled me to picture a cute lil pussycat strolling around the garden that is every bit as exciting to that cute lil pussycat as a jungle when suddenly - whoomph! From out of the undergrowth comes a big snake head which proceeds to slowly swallow cute lil pussycat whole accompanied with an audio soundtrack of pussycat whining and protesting.

That's nature, buddy.

I know - I'm sick - but it did make me laugh :)

Lack of sympathy? maybe, maybe, one evening it got dark and my then wife couldn't find rabbit in garden to put back in hutch so rabbit was left out all night.

In morning ex-wife found rabbit in middle of lawn but minus head.

Them foxes eh? ;)

And yes, that made me laugh as well, sorry.

We had a cat named Cuddles, a female.

Never was an animal more wrongly named.

She once slid daughter's hamster cage from top of chest of draws to floor, cage bursts, Cuddles got a Hamster Kebab.

That's nature kiddo, what do I do? Shoot the cat? I was attached to that hamster...

Some things are funny. even when they shouldn't be :)

And the fact the moggy owners got this petition up just makes me raise my eyebrows - what? Their cat's death gonna make them change the world? Do me a favour. It's a cat.

I have said before, the snake owner is very likely a pillock and should not be allowed to keep pets.

But it still made me chuckle.

Reaction score
Aint life just a bitch sometimes....some folks poison is some folks cure. On occasion i have laughed when i really shouldn't have, cos of my warped sense of humour...i laugh at everything, sometimes.
Because flopps gets a giggle doesnt mean he lacks sympathy. Just at that particular time he was probably in a good mood and instead of getting angry he saw the funny side, i reckon.
Only Flopp's will know for sure.
Also, i wonder if somebody else's cat or dog was eaten by the snake and not theirs would they still want a petition signed.
Incidentally i signed it. Purely because that cat may just as easily been a small child.

Zzzzz

Reaction score
The main question here is, why do people always wait for the worst to happen before they try do anything.. Surely these people knew their neighbours had a whopping great snake in their possesion. And surely at some point aswell they must of heard the snake hissing..? Its pretty darn loud if you ask me...

Reaction score
I had that exact same thought just a little while ago......hopefully something will be done now and also, hopefully people will learn summat.

Zzzzz

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Look, it just tickled me to picture a cute lil pussycat strolling around the garden that is every bit as exciting to that cute lil pussycat as a jungle when suddenly - whoomph! From out of the undergrowth comes a big snake head which proceeds to slowly swallow cute lil pussycat whole accompanied with an audio soundtrack of pussycat whining and protesting.

Even though I am an animal lover, would never like to see any animal harmed in any way..

I absolutely pi**ed myself laughing whilst reading flopp's's quote above, It was funny in my imagination at the time but obviously if I had seen that in real life I probably would have been horrified...Doesn't stop me from imagining it though..

Reaction score
OK, I reckon I've got a pretty good sense of humour, and I definitely laugh at things that most people probably wouldn't find funny. Flopps knew by posting on here that he found it funny he would get a response, it's similar to flaming on a forum.

Would he have found it funny if it was a child that was eaten by the snake? Again, only he will know.

There are some human beings that I would rather were eaten by a snake than a cat.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
bodhi said:
OK, I reckon I've got a pretty good sense of humour, and I definitely laugh at things that most people probably wouldn't find funny. Flopps knew by posting on here that he found it funny he would get a response, it's similar to flaming on a forum.

I would disagree, I don't think it's similar to flaming.

I wasn't actually looking to start responses, was more looking to share warped sense of humour with folk of a similar outlook.

Though I'd be less than honest if I didn't expect people to respond in mixed ways.

bodhi said:
Would he have found it funny if it was a child that was eaten by the snake? Again, only he will know.

Now that's a provocative remark if ever I read one.

Oh, of course I'd find it funny and I eat babies as well :rolleyes:

bodhi said:
There are some human beings that I would rather were eaten by a snake than a cat.

You see, this is where I differ from a lot of folk, I don't actually think animals are better than human beings, just more stupid.

Mass lobotomy would make lots of humans a lot nicer as well but it would somewhat stifle the freewill process.

People do get extremely irate about animal cruelty, especially to cute furry animals, but snake eating cat isn't really cruelty, just mother nature taking it's course.

In this instance aided and abetted by some lame brain of a human I'll agree but the snake was just doing what came naturally.

For the record I'm very fond of animals indeed and would willingly dispatch some people responsible for wanton animal cruelty, but I am not over-sentimental about animals. They have their place and deserve respect and all pet-owners have a responsibility.

But....

...I still think it was funnee :lol:

Reaction score
We will have to agree to disagree on this one. I would happily throw the snake and owner to a large group of cats. I don't find it funny, but you obviously do. We shall move on.

Reaction score
Now this is bloody funny....So please evreybody laugh...........
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
A coda...

Odd how all these animal lovers would kill the snake - an animal who by their own instinct hasn't done anything wrong at all.

But these animal lovers somehow see cute cuddly kitty as their property and seem to want to take revenge by killing another innocent animal.

Animal lovers? Nope, just possesive selfish human beings with no real understanding of nature's true workings.

Reaction score
I also said I would kill the owner.

I understand nature perfectly well thank you. I watch animal documentaries, but I don't like watching animals kill other animals and I don't like the struggle. I'm not naive enough to believe the snake wasn't just acting on instinct.

What I would ask though, is if a large dog had attacked and killed a cat, people would be calling for it to be put down, and I would be one of them. It's not because the snake isn't cute and cuddly, it's because it's doing damage to domestic animals, and in turn people's lifes.

You can find this funny if you like, however it just show's an enormous lack of respect for people's feelings.

Reaction score
MAny buts and ifs here. Like how long is a piece of string. And I am going to go back to a post I made earlier. Surely these people knew their neighbours had this snake for a pet..? So why did the wait till their cat, or possibly even a child was killed to do anything about it. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question