Agfa's SnapScan Touch Scanner, circa 1999

A. Pismo Clam

Hello All,

This scanner was given to me by a friend who no longer needed it. He
used it on his pc which utilizes Windows XP, just like mine. He's told
me that it worked fine on his pc.

Here's the problem...

When I install the software that came with the scanner, the "new found
hardware wizard" says that: "Snap ScanTouch" does not pass Windows Logo
test to verify its compatability with Windows XP".

Under this, you are offered two choices: Stop Install or Continue
Anyway. I click Continue Anyway. It gets about 30% loaded when the box
comes up saying: "The file 'agsisti.dll' on Agfa Scanner CD is needed.
Type the path where the file is located and then click OK."

This is as far as I have gotten...

I am using Windows XP and the software is for Windows 98; should this be
a problem?

Any help you can offer will be most gratefully received!

Many thanks for taking the time to respond!

Alain

Maris V. Lidaka Sr.

Yes, the Win98 driver can be a problem. Have you checked Agfa's website for
an XP driver for the scanner?

Alternately, try out Vuescan - the "supported scanners" include 18 Agfa
SnapScan scanners:

http://www.hamrick.com/

Maris

Maris said:
[...]

Hi Maris,

Thanks for the help. No, the Agfa site no longer supports scanners, so
I'll give the site link that you sent a whirl.

Thanks again!