after accept on behalf of calendar invite problem

Marcy

I have two users that have the same problem and the only
common denominator I can see is they both have rights to 2
other people's calendars. Here is the problem:

User A has rights to User B's calendar and inbox (also has
rights to User C's calendar and inbox). User B gets a
calendar invite, User A gets a copy in his/her inbox and
accepts the calendar invite (on behalf of User B). User A
confirms it on the calendar and then goes into User B's
inbox, opens the invite and then deletes it. When user A
deletes the invite it then removes it from the calendar.
It doesn't happen all the time just once in a while. But
I do have two users with the exact same problem.
Windows XP - SP1
Outlook 2002 - SP2 Any help greatly appreciated.

Luke Brennan [MSFT]

Are you saying that

#1 "A" receives the (recurring) meeting in his inbox,
#2 and with "B"'s calendar open, accepts it/them 'in the calendar' of "B"
#3 simply exits the Invite message in "A"'s inbox.
#4 and then DELETES the message?

If "A" _deleted_ the message without ACCEPTING it, then yes, I think you'll
find that the associated calendar entries
WILL be removed from "B"'s calendar, despite them being accepted from
within the Calendar.

----

Luke Brennan
Microsoft PSS

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties and confers no rights.
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

<< From: "Marcy" <[email protected]>
<< Subject: after accept on behalf of calendar invite problem
<< Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:06:06 -0800