FredBillie

<< From: (e-mail address removed) (Zachary)
Date: Fri, Dec 3, 2004 10:37 PM

Hey people.
I'd like to buy a new printer which'll have to be an HP since I need a
bottom tray input.>><BR><BR>
SNIP

This is no longer correct. The new Canon printers have BOTH a bottom loading
AND a top loading tray and can print duplex.
Check them out. The Canon printers are very fast and print great pictures.

Charlie+

On 04 Dec 2004 07:35:59 GMT, (e-mail address removed) (FredBillie)
wrote as underneath my scribble :

Do you know if Canon provide updated full drivers when there is a new
subsequent operating system ie a new version of Windows? - this is a
problem with HP when your printer may loose many of its finer features
due to no rewritten full drivers being available - you then have to
rely on the cut down basic generic drivers that are packaged with your
new Windows etc. for your HP printer and this can be a really
annoying and unadvertised disadvantage with HP printers. What is the
situation with Canon?
Charlie+

FredBillie

Sorry, I am on a Mac and can’t help you there. My O.S. updates have all been
on system X for the Mac and I have not needed any updates of the Printer
Drivers.

Mark Mannion

If you only print b/w then try a laser printer. they are not that expensive
andare cheaper to run.