Windows XP address bar problem in explorer 7

Reaction score
Hi. I am not sure where else to ask this question and have searched extensively on the net to no avail.

I can't get rid of some stuff from automatically coming up when I begin typing in my address bar in Explorer 7. I have deleted my browsing history, etc, etc multiple times. When I do that, the Internet browsing history is gone. However, what stays is, for example, the following. If I type the letter "c" because I am beginning to type the name of a website that begins with "c," even if I have deleted all browsing history, the following will show up:

cardiovascular system
Chem--good
Colouring book of Embryology Amazon.fr
Computer
Customizing WinXP--HelpwithWindows.com

If I click on any of these, I will be taken to various websites, for instance, one on cardiovascular system, Amazon, etc. OR I will be taken to a file on my system. I have used CCleaner as well, to clean my system.

Why are these things appearing, and how the heck to I get rid of them? They are really a pain, as more and more are accumulating.
Thanks.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

if turning off "AutoComplete for Forms" doesn't work, then I have no other suggestion except you have probably had some program stealth install some ones "advanced" toolbar.

Please, one post for same subject, I closed your other thread.

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-4023398.php

:user:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You could turn off autocomplete altogether, rather than just clearing the cache. Are these links that show up somewhere in your favorites, as that may cause them to show.

FWIW, I'd upgrade to IE8 and that may solve your problem anyway :)

Reaction score
Thanks for replies. Sorry I posted twice--I didn't know how to remove post that I posted in wrong place.

Yes, some appear in my favorites, but others are my files, for instance, a file labeled "Computer."

Ask a Question