Add worksheet Lookup based on date

edwardpestian

I have a workbook that pulls data from another workbook. The workbook
that houses the data has a worksheet for each day of the month: 1,2,3,4
etc..

I need the workbook that pulls the data to take it from the worksheet
that corresponds to the date in a specific cell.

Here's my formula so far:

=INDEX('[July 06.xls]11'!$A$34:$D$58,MATCH(LARGE('[July
06.xls]11'!$D$34:$D$58,1),'[July 06.xls]11'!$D$34:$D$58,0),1

As you can see, it is pulling the date from workbook July 06; worksheet
11. I need it to pull from worksheet 11 if the date in B5 is
07/11/2006; worksheet 10 if the date is 07/10/2006..etc.

Thanks in advance.

ep

Biff

Hi!

Using a formula to do this requires the Indirect function and the Indirect
function requires the other file to be open. If the other file is not open
you will get errors. Still interested?

Biff

"edwardpestian" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

edwardpestian

More often than not, the workbook containing the data would not be
open.

Thanks anyway Biff.

ep

Biff

There's another option available but I have never tried it. It's a VBA coded
routine by Harlan Grove. The utility name is PULL. I don't have any handy
links for this but I'm sure a Google search will find many hits.

Biff

"edwardpestian" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...