Add reference to 2.0 library ????

Dear all,

I have build a library with .NET 2.0
I want to deliver that library for beeing referenced by a .NEt 1.1 project.
For that, on the machine where I have .net 1.1 installed and VS2003, I copy
my 2.0 library into a folder. then from the 1.1 project I add reference to
that library. Doing this return an error saying that it is not a correct DLL
or COM components.

Is it possible to add a 2.0 referenced library within a 1.1 project ?

thnaks for help
regard
serge

Norman Yuan

You cannot use code compiled with .NET 2.0 in .NET1.x app. The other way
around is OK.

NullQwerty

Dear all,

I have build a library with .NET 2.0
I want to deliver that library for beeing referenced by a .NEt 1.1 project.
For that, on the machine where I have .net 1.1 installed and VS2003, I copy
my 2.0 library into a folder. then from the 1.1 project I add reference to
that library. Doing this return an error saying that it is not a correct DLL
or COM components.

Is it possible to add a 2.0 referenced library within a 1.1 project ?

thnaks for help
regard
serge

I'm almost certain there is no way to make this possible. You can do
the reverse however (use a 1.1 in a 2.0 project).

Alex Meleta

Coz many features have been added to .NET 2.0 the metadata format was
changed and .NET 1.x will not recognize 2.0 assemblies. So you cannot
directly refer or call it:
http://dotnet.org.za/ahmeds/archive/2006/02/08/49984.aspx

But there is the solution to call the assembly as a COM component
http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/saarc/archive/2006/02/27/135635.aspx

Regards, Alex Meleta
Blog:: http://devkids.blogspot.com