add or remove programs

Larry

WINDOWS XP---From the control panel to add or remove
programs I have several items there that I cannot remove;
when I click remove for instance of AOL a screen comes up
and says "no installed versions of AOL are on my
computer. QUESTION, How do I remove the AOL icon located
in my (add or remove) programs in this list. Another
program that I used until the trial period ended is
titled BIBLE PRO, When I try to remove it from the "add
or remove programs" list a message appears "could not
open INSTALL.LOG file. I have several icons there that I
cannot remove completely, can you help me thank you,
Larry.

Will Denny

Hi

I can't help you with AOL. For the install.log error message - can you reinstall/uninstall that program?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

| WINDOWS XP---From the control panel to add or remove
| programs I have several items there that I cannot remove;
| when I click remove for instance of AOL a screen comes up
| and says "no installed versions of AOL are on my
| computer. QUESTION, How do I remove the AOL icon located
| in my (add or remove) programs in this list. Another
| program that I used until the trial period ended is
| titled BIBLE PRO, When I try to remove it from the "add
| or remove programs" list a message appears "could not
| open INSTALL.LOG file. I have several icons there that I
| cannot remove completely, can you help me thank you,
| Larry.

John Ski

Subject: add or remove programs
From: "Larry" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 4/21/2004 9:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time

WINDOWS XP---From the control panel to add or remove
programs I have several items there that I cannot remove;
when I click remove for instance of AOL a screen comes up
and says "no installed versions of AOL are on my
computer. QUESTION, How do I remove the AOL icon located
in my (add or remove) programs in this list. Another
program that I used until the trial period ended is
titled BIBLE PRO, When I try to remove it from the "add
or remove programs" list a message appears "could not
open INSTALL.LOG file. I have several icons there that I
cannot remove completely, can you help me thank you,
Larry.
Use RegCleaner, the old free version of JV16 Power Tools. It's still avaliable
from
http://www.all-freeware.com/ . You can easily remove obsolete items from the
Add/Remove Menu. It also keeps a backup in case you make a mistake.

HTH,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***