desktop has McAfee Firewall and Norton Antivirus 2004 Pro, bot of
which have been disabled whilst trying to detect network. The laptop
has no protection. Both OS's have the latest XP updates. I have tried
all recommendations from various websites. Hardwired LAN works fine,
just cannot get either machine to be visible using WiFi. Seems such a
simple scenario to configure, but todate has completely evaded my
attempts to network.

G

Hi, could someone please help, im having EXACTLY the same problem with nearly exactly the same settings, except i have an origo usb card for my desktop and an AMD card for the laptop. Both of the computers (a desktop with XP pro and a laptop with XP Home) can detect the wireless network connection and the can give me information on the connection (such as signal strength) but it seems impossible to get the two computers to see each other. Please, please, please someone save me!!!

S

Sooner Al

G

thank you for the quick reply. I have followed all of the steps in both of the documents but it still does not seem to work. When i initially inserted the usb device i got a blue screen with a memory dump on it. I had to plug the device (which is usb 1.1) into a usb 2.0 port to prevent this error. could you give me any more specific advice?

G

i have read on forums and reviews that there is a problem with the origo drivers and that if you let windows download the drivers it may solve the problem. however, now these drivers are installed there seems to be no way to get windows to download these 'better' drivers for me. is there any way that i can either delete the existing drivers and any backups or get the windows drivers and update the drivers to these?

Ask a Question