ActiveX Component

All of my Wizards in Access 2000 have quit working. The message I get is:
"ActiveX Component can't create Object". I reinstalled all the Wizards from
my disc but it still dosen't work. I've looked for something under Options
or Tools but didn't see any place where the Wizards function could be turned
off. Strange stuff - any ideas?

Thanks

Jeff Conrad

in message:
All of my Wizards in Access 2000 have quit working. The message I get is:
"ActiveX Component can't create Object". I reinstalled all the Wizards from
my disc but it still dosen't work. I've looked for something under Options
or Tools but didn't see any place where the Wizards function could be turned
off. Strange stuff - any ideas?

Hi Larry,

Take a look at this KB article:

Wizards do not start when you try to start any of the Access 2000 wizards:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q242218/

And maybe this one as well:
ACC2000: Error Message When Running Access Wizards
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=303769

You can also try re-registering DAO360.dll.
From Start --> Run you would type the following:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao360.dll"

Note: You may need to change the path to DAO360 if this is different on your machine.

Hope that helps,

Hi Jeff,

I had made seveal attemps at re-registering the DAO360 with no success until
I copied and pasted the command exacatly as you had written it. Then it
worked. I was leaving out the quotation marks out of the syntax. Syntax -
Man it is the bain of my exsitence.

Thanks for the help
Larry

Jeff Conrad

in message:
Hi Jeff,

I had made several attempts at re-registering the DAO360 with no success until
I copied and pasted the command exactly as you had written it. Then it
worked. I was leaving out the quotation marks out of the syntax. Syntax -
Man it is the bain of my existence.

Thanks for the help

Excellent, good to hear the problem is resolved Larry.
You're welcome, and good luck with your project.

Jeff,

May I ask for your input on another item?

I been working on an application for some time now that involves several
Forms.

I would like to reduce the amount of clicking that the User has to do inside
of these forms. The Forms currently require the User to make selections and
then the data blows into a text field automatically because of a little VB
Code the I've written in an Event Procedure.

What I would like to do is have the Form automatically get and place most of
the information onto the forms for the User and have the appropriate field
automatically update in the Data Table.

I've been able to get the data to automatically display through a List Box
buy using an SQL Statement in "Row Source".

But My problems are these:

I can't make the List Box Word Wrap.

And I can't get the Form to write the displayed info back to my Table
without doing some kind of event that has to be imitated by the User.

I've tried putting some VB stuff into "Before Update", and After Update, and
that works but you still got to click something on the form before it
actually writes back to the table.

I've tried putting some VB in the "On Open" Event for the Form but got
nowhere with that.

I've tried using a List Box and then pointing a Text Box tot he List Box
with the Text Box pointing back to the Table - That works as long as you
click the List Box.

I must be over thinking this problem. Can you point me in the right
direction?

Thanks.
Larry

Jeff Conrad

in message:
[...]

Sounds like you may be using an unbound form Larry.
If you use bound forms Access will automatically save
(or at least attempt to save) the data when the user
either moves to a different record, a new record, or
closes the form. No extra user intervention is required.

Jeff,

Actually I am using a bound form. I'm trying to have the Form automatically
fill in most all of the boxes when it first opens. I have have and "OnOpen"
Event set for the form that looks like this:
Me!EO_Compliance_Description_Text_One = Me! EO_Sub_Category_List_One.Column(1)
Me!EO_Compliance_Description_Text_Two = Me!EO_Sub_Category_List_Two.Column(1)
Me!EO_Compliance_Description_Text_Three =
Me!EO_Sub_Category_List_Three.Column(1)

There are a group of three boxes on the Form - with each group containing a
list box and an ajacent Text box. All the List Boxes auto fill as intended
but the only Text Box that will auto fill is the one that is adjacent to
which ever List Box that was last highlighted by the Cursor. So, if
"EO_Sub_Category_List_Two" was last highlighted then its adjacent Text Box
"EO_Compliance_Description_Text_Two" box will auto fill when the Form opens
but no others.

The challenge is to get the OnOpen event to execute all the lines of code
regardless of where the highlighted box is.

Thanks,
Larry

Jeff Conrad

"Larry" wrote in message:
Jeff,

Actually I am using a bound form. I'm trying to have the Form automatically
fill in most all of the boxes when it first opens. I have have and "OnOpen"
Event set for the form that looks like this:
Me!EO_Compliance_Description_Text_One = Me! EO_Sub_Category_List_One.Column(1)
Me!EO_Compliance_Description_Text_Two = Me!EO_Sub_Category_List_Two.Column(1)
Me!EO_Compliance_Description_Text_Three =
Me!EO_Sub_Category_List_Three.Column(1)

There are a group of three boxes on the Form - with each group containing a
list box and an adjacent Text box. All the List Boxes auto fill as intended
but the only Text Box that will auto fill is the one that is adjacent to
which ever List Box that was last highlighted by the Cursor. So, if
"EO_Sub_Category_List_Two" was last highlighted then its adjacent Text Box
"EO_Compliance_Description_Text_Two" box will auto fill when the Form opens
but no others.

The challenge is to get the OnOpen event to execute all the lines of code
regardless of where the highlighted box is.

Hi Larry,

I will try to get to this as soon as I can, but I'm pretty buried right now
with some other responsibilities. It may be a day or two before I have
some adequate time for you. If you cannot wait that long, you might
consider re-posting the question as a new thread.

Glancing through this, a little more info might be needed. Post the
code for the OnOpen event and provide a bit more detail so I can
build a test form. For instance,

Text box A does.....
List box A does.....
etc.

Jeff Conrad

in message:
[...]

I had a few quick minutes Larry.

I set up a quick form with three list boxes (matching your names) and three
text boxes (matching your names) and put just the On Open event code you
supplied. By giving each list box a Default Value (on the Properties) list, the
form opened with the first item selected in each list box. Each corresponding
text box filled in as needed. Will that help?

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the help Jeff. After your last message the only thing that I
changed was to change the Text Boxes to "unbound". That got the OnOpen Event
Procedure to auto fill all of the Text Boxes. Next I sat up three Hidden
List boxes that actually did the write back to the data base. The unbound
Text boxes are only serving the prupose of giving feed back to the User. The
two List Boxes are actually doing the work.

Again thanks so much for the help.

I'm going to post the results of all of this in a new String so that other
folks can take advantage of it.

Larry

Jeff Conrad

in message:
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the help Jeff. After your last message the only thing that I
changed was to change the Text Boxes to "unbound". That got the OnOpen Event
Procedure to auto fill all of the Text Boxes. Next I sat up three Hidden
List boxes that actually did the write back to the data base. The unbound
Text boxes are only serving the prupose of giving feed back to the User. The
two List Boxes are actually doing the work.

Again thanks so much for the help.

I'm going to post the results of all of this in a new String so that other
folks can take advantage of it.

Good to hear you have things working now Larry.
Good luck with your project.