Active X Command Buttons Disappear

Steve

Not sure if this is the correct newsgroup... My apologies if it isn't.

Occasionally, all the command buttons disappear from all worksheets in the
workbook after the user has clicked on the "Enable Macros" button when first
opening a workbook containing macros. The first time this happened, the
user had the workbook open, then un-docked from the docking station, and
took the laptop to another room, where it was reconnected to the network
using a cable. He then exited the workbook, and reopened. He could see the
buttons until he clicked the "Enable Macros" button, then they disappeared.

The buttons did not reappear until the user rebooted the laptop in the
docking station. The user has since noticed that the buttons sometimes
disappear upon opening even when the laptop is in the docking station.

My initial thought was that he was approaching a memory limit in Excel. He
doesn't remember what else was running on his laptop at the time.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Jim Cone

Steve,
Maybe...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910
"Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002"
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Steve" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Jim. I'll get back to the user to find out what version & SP of
Excel that he's using.