Active Directory Trusts

Lindsey

Is there a way to for me to setup my Active Directory to
trust an NT 4.0 domain. Our facility uses Active
directory, but our sister facility uses an NT4.0 domain.
Is there a way to setup a trust on both sides so that I
can utilize their network and vise versa.

Thank You
Lindsey

Ben [MSFT]

Lindsey,

Since this is an NT4-->W2K trust it will be using NTLM. Therefore make
sure that you have good NetBIOS name resolution going between both domains.

The NT4 PDC and the W2K PDC Emulator mus be able to resolve the 1B and 1C
record of the other domain and the 00, 03 and 20 record of the other
PDC/Emulator.
If push/pull WINS replication is not used or a shared WINS db is not used
then lmhosts files can come in handy. More info can be found in kb article
180094: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=180094.

Hope this helps.

blim
| >From: "BrianK" <[email protected]>
| >Subject: Re: Active Directory Trusts
| >Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:29:48 -0500
| >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory
| >
| >Yes, AD Domain & Trusts.
| >HTH,
| >BrianK
| >> trust an NT 4.0 domain. Our facility uses Active
| >> directory, but our sister facility uses an NT4.0 domain.
| >> Is there a way to setup a trust on both sides so that I
| >> can utilize their network and vise versa.
| >>
| >> Thank You
| >> Lindsey

Rajiv Korpal

Is there a way to for me to setup my Active Directory to
trust an NT 4.0 domain. Our facility uses Active
directory, but our sister facility uses an NT4.0 domain.
Is there a way to setup a trust on both sides so that I
can utilize their network and vise versa.

Thank You
Lindsey
.
Yes ,what You can is creat external trust with NT 4.o
domain, bothways. This way you would be able to access
resources as long as you have access on that resource