Active Directory Replication Failure

Ricky Chong

I have an Active Directory with two domains; a root domain and a child
domain. Within the child domain there are multiple sites. At present I face
two different AD replication errors:

1. When replicating from Site A (The main site where all sites replicate to)
and Site B, The replication seems to work find from Site A requesting
information from Site B. No Event Log errors or warnings appear from the DC
in Site A. However in Site B, it is unable to replicate the information from
Site A.

When I utilize replmon and monitor the request from Site B to Site A to
synchronize, it returns a "Logon Failure" error. When I try to map to the DC
in Site A from Site B by doing a Start > Run > \\DCName; this will return me
with "Logon Failure: The object account is incorrect."

2. In the Second scenario, Site C is unable to get to Site A because it
mention that it has a DNS lookup problem. But from the DC in Site C, we are
able to ping the DC in Site A utilizing its FQDN. Also works from NSLOOKUP.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Ricky

Kevin Bowersock

I don't know what kind of connectivity you have between sites but you may
want to verify that you have all the required ports open between them.

832017 Port Requirements for the Microsoft Windows Server System
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=832017

Talks about the required ports for the different server systems.

(e-mail address removed)

This posting is provided "AS IS"
with no warranties, and confers no rights