Active Directory Noobie !

Bubba Thomas

I am trying to get an Win2003 Ad server up and running but I am getting the
following errors in the event log. How does one fix an error that MS does
not even have an event listed in their events list ?

Any and ALL help is GREATLY appreciated.

Bubba !

This is the replication status for the following directory partition on the
local domain controller.

Directory partition:
DC=mydomain,DC=com

The local domain controller has not received replication information from a
number of domain controllers within the configured latency interval.

Latency Interval (Hours):
24
Number of domain controllers in all sites:
1
Number of domain controllers in this site:
1

The latency interval can be modified with the following registry key.

Registry Key:
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NTDS\Parameters\Replicator latency
error interval (hours)

To identify the domain controllers by name, install the support tools
included on the installation CD and run dcdiag.exe.
You can also use the support tool repadmin.exe to display the replication
latencies of the domain controllers in the forest. The command is
"repadmin /showvector /latency <partition-dn>".

Steve Dodson [MSFT]

Bubba,

How many DC's do you have in your domain? I am curious what the DCDIAG and
showvector output are. Also verify name resolution, network topology, etc.
to determine what problem you may have.

Hope That Helps

Steve Dodson [MSFT]
Directory Services