Acer --- NEVER AGAIN

Reaction score
I can see by the various forums I have visited that I am not the only one who has been trapped in the never ending circle of the run-around Gods.
Trying to get a simple answer is next to impossible. I also wonder if there really is a Mr Mark Groveunder with customer support as all you get at the 800 number is pretty music. After 3 - 4 hours of phones questions, more phones, more questions, all I have received is a number of ... we are really sorry you have been treated that way. Here let me connect you to our 'customer service' number for help. The same number that plays the never ending pretty music. 4 times they sent me back there.

OK all I want is a new LCD screen. I am not willing to pay $650.00 (when all is said and done with shipping $900.00 Canadian) for a $295.00 part that I can install myself. The company they sent me to says that they have told Acer a number of times to stop sending people to them as they don't sell Acer parts.

Former Acer fan is now a hands off guy. Now I will have to try and find a company that sells a great laptop at a reasonable price and has customer support that really does care.

Oh btw, before you send me to lcds4less.com and screentekinc.com (same company 2 names) I've checked with them. They do have the screen I need but have a very awkward way of wanting you to pay by CC.

I thought this was a high tech world we lived in where things got easier.

Reaction score
Just a side note - The LCD screen cost $295.00 retail. I am sure Acer gets them cheaper. That means Acer is charging you at least $360.00 to re and re a screen, then charge you the shipping and handling on top of that. Now I have been in the service business for a long time and there is no way that I would ever even think to charge those kinds of labour rates for a job that takes about 5 minutes to do. Now there is the argument that you are not paying for the time, you are paying for the knowledge of the tech. Even that argument in this case is overboard.

Reaction score
Dan_CYKA Welcome to PCReview.
You could shop around and see if you could get a screen cheaper elsewhere & more local to you?
As for the cost for doing the job it's up to each company to set a rate, after all they are running a business.

Reaction score
Update - Day 3 of no satisfaction from Acer in trying to get help with my issue. They just won't return the calls or emails. I have been very calm on the phone and in the wording of my emails. Today I could wait no longer. I bought a new laptop from another company and will never do business with them again.

Ask a Question