Accessing shared network resources

P

Pocca Hudas

I am used to accessing our home network's shared resources. But when I reinstalled XP SP2, the same old XP version I've been using with my pc, I can no longer access said resources directly. Yes, I can still access it but windows always prompt me with the user name and password. I don't need that security protection because our network is not connected to the net. Now that it's there, I've got my share of inconvenience. Now, my question is pretty obvious: how can I return back to "the good ol' days where there's nobody in the gate askin' IDs and access keys"? It's our home, anyway.

EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...a-6dafb17b6d74/wcf-workflow-services-usi.aspx

B

Bernd

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
I am used to accessing our home network's shared resources. But when I reinstalled XP SP2, the same old XP version I've been using with my pc, I can no longer access said resources directly. Yes, I can still access it but windows always prompt me with the user name and password. I don't need that security protection because our network is not connected to the net. Now that it's there, I've got my share of inconvenience. Now, my question is pretty obvious: how can I return back to "the good ol' days where there's nobody in the gate askin' IDs and access keys"? It's our home, anyway.

EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...a-6dafb17b6d74/wcf-workflow-services-usi.aspx

1. Did you set "Use Simple File Sharing" in Folder Options ?
2. Do you have matching accounts on both computers ?

Bernd

Ask a Question