Access Access to the specified device, path, or file is denied.

Reaction score
Ok guys, please please help me on this, this message appears when i try to open msn messenger, its pointless going on my PC without messenger unless i play Counter Strike, its basically all i use it for, PLEASE HELP!

PLEASE CLICK ON THE ATTACHMENT AND SEE IF YOU CAN SOLVE THIS ERROR MESSAGE PLEASE.

THANKS GUYS !!!

Aaron.

Attachments

• error message single.bmp
    98.5 KB · Views: 251
Reaction score
Hi wolfgang, thank you for your interest in helping. erm, i am no computer expert, this PC is running on windows 98, stepfather has choses not to have XP on this machine (thinks he knows it all). well anyway it used to work, and there were no problems at all. but then it just started displaying that Access Denied message every time i try to open it again! No idea why it happend, it isnt being blocked by firewall or adaware or anything 'cause i checked that, and to be honest, i have no other idea's what do do!

PLEASE HELP IF YOUV READ THIS PEOPLE IF YOU KNOW HOW TO FIX IT!

Aaron

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Are you using a Firewall? Like Kerio?

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Are you using a Firewall? Like Kerio?

Good shout, check to see if you are running a firewall if not try and reload messenger.

Reaction score
thing is though guys, my firewall aint blocking it, i am using Kerio yes, but iv tried to open the file when the firewall has been disabled. and when disabled you can open what you want, so that message has nothing to do with it... takes the ****!!! i well miss msn!

help please

Aaron!

muckshifter

Reaction score
and when disabled you can open what you want
Hmmm, so you can get to MSN with the firewall disabled?

Then you had better ask the network administrator to set the permissions on this device or file, or on the directories in the path to the device or file, to allow you access.

;)

Reaction score
yeah but how do i get contact with the service provider? seems if id try something like that id have no chance. why would they block it though, maybe if they thought there were possible viruses but there arnt any on my pc, no chance with all the protection on it.

as an example, who is your service provider and what would you do to get them to sort it?

Cheers, ;)

Aaron.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Can you access MSN with the Firewall turned off?

Ask a Question