Access Template

G

Hi, I am new here and new to access.
I want to create two databases for our theatre (or maybe one combined database if possible). Firstly I need a membership database including various categories of members, personal info., membership fees, invoicing, reminders, address or envelope printing by defined groups (e.g. cast during a production) etc.
I remember being shown a very nice template years ago in - I think - Access 1995, but my new office 2003 does not have that template any more.

I also want to make a database of the theatre group's equipment (mostly sound equipment, plus props etc), but that comes second to the membership database

I would be grateful if anyone could advise me concerning where this template disappeared to or if a similar such database exists anywhere else.

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give me.

F

fredg

Hi, I am new here and new to access.
I want to create two databases for our theatre (or maybe one combined database if possible). Firstly I need a membership database including various categories of members, personal info., membership fees, invoicing, reminders, address or envelope printing by defined groups (e.g. cast during a production) etc.
I remember being shown a very nice template years ago in - I think - Access 1995, but my new office 2003 does not have that template any more.

I also want to make a database of the theatre group's equipment (mostly sound equipment, plus props etc), but that comes second to the membership database

I would be grateful if anyone could advise me concerning where this template disappeared to or if a similar such database exists anywhere else.

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give me.

The Microsoft Template download center has a Membership database, as
well as an Inventory Control database, and a Household Inventory
database, which you could adapt.

http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx

Select Templates from the Search Drowdown, then
Type "Access" (without the quotes) in the Search box to see the
available selections.

G

Fred,

Thanks you for your reponse. This was the first place I went to look, but I could only find templates for membership lists in Word and Excel, but no templates for an Access membership database.

In the meantime I have dug out my office 95 CD and on there I found the membership template I remembered. Unfortunately I cannot import it as it is incompatible with Access 2003. Guess I'll have to do it the hard way and learn Access and then create my own membership database.

Thanks and regards,
apd

F

fredg

Fred,

Thanks you for your reponse. This was the first place I went to look, but I could only find templates for membership lists in Word and Excel, but no templates for an Access membership database.

In the meantime I have dug out my office 95 CD and on there I found the membership template I remembered. Unfortunately I cannot import it as it is incompatible with Access 2003. Guess I'll have to do it the hard way and learn Access and then create my own membership database.

Thanks and regards,
apd

If you went to the web site I gave you and had set the Search combo
box to Templates and then typed Access in the Search box you would
have seen a filtered list of 25 ACCESS Databases ... including
Membership, Inventory Control and Household Inventory, which are on
your old Access 95 CD ...along with many additional ones.

J

Joan Wild

fredg said:
If you went to the web site I gave you and had set the Search combo
box to Templates and then typed Access in the Search box you would
have seen a filtered list of 25 ACCESS Databases ... including
Membership, Inventory Control and Household Inventory, which are on
your old Access 95 CD ...along with many additional ones.

PMFJI, but what you see on the templates site, depends on your regional
settings. I would bet that apd is not from the US, so doesn't see the same
templates as you, Fred. If you look at the top of the page, you'll see the
country setting. At the very bottom of the page, one can select 'Office
Worldwide' and choose another country. Rerunning the search will give
different results.

F

fredg

PMFJI, but what you see on the templates site, depends on your regional
settings. I would bet that apd is not from the US, so doesn't see the same
templates as you, Fred. If you look at the top of the page, you'll see the
country setting. At the very bottom of the page, one can select 'Office
Worldwide' and choose another country. Rerunning the search will give
different results.

It's my pleasure to 'pardon' you Joan.
Thank's for letting us know about the different country settings.

Ask a Question