Access Reference Database

Hi. I am working on building a database in Access 2002 that will be sort of
an encyclopedia of FAQs and their responses. I am not sure where to start -
what I should build first? I have already started putting the information
into a table, but I know I can always copy and paste it if I need to make
changes or put it into a new database I will build.

My first question is what is the best way to enter data, 3 fields of which
will be in Memo form, because the questions and/or answers can get very
lengthy?? Should I enter into a form or table?

Next is what is the best way to set up a "Search" engine to search for key
words. Like I said, this will be used as a reference for future questions
asked, in hopes that we can eliminate some steps by seeing if the question
has been asked before and what the response was.

Sorry if I rambled. I would really like some assistance here. Can't seem
to find a template to go from, as there are no templates for Access 2002
anyway. I will need specific instructions, as I am still learning.

Thank you for all you do!
Erika

Thank you for the response. I will start with that.
To answer your question, the memo field will be:
1. Suggestion/Question (some of these are actually suggestions)
2. Relevant Background
3. Proposed Company Response

KARL DEWEY said:
will be in Memo form, because the questions and/or answers can get very
lengthy?? Should I enter into a form or table?
Always use a form and not directly enter data into a table.
What is the third memo field for? Question, answer, and what?
Use this as criteria and in design view of the query put it on a separate
row for the question and answer fields ---
Like "*" & [Enter search] & "*"
Type it on the first criteria row and then copy and paste in the second to
make sure it is identical so it will only prompt once.

Is there a website where I can view templates/instructions on building a
database such as this? I would like to see what the design of the main form
looks like. I do better if I have samples of other databases, and my
computer will not allow me to download any of the templates Microsoft has
online because I have Access 2002 on my pc here at work.

KARL DEWEY said:
[...]

Tony Toews [MVP]

Erika M. said:
Is there a website where I can view templates/instructions on building a
database such as this? I would like to see what the design of the main form
looks like. I do better if I have samples of other databases, and my
computer will not allow me to download any of the templates Microsoft has
online because I have Access 2002 on my pc here at work.

Newsgroup Answers MDB - I designed the MDB to assist frequent
newsgroup answerers, such as MVPs, in quickly locating and pasting in
their favourite snippets of answers.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/newsgroupanswersmdb.htm

Now this has one major flaw in that it doesn't support doing AND/OR
searching. Just LIKE searching. But that was all I required for my
purposes.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP