Access access help please

Reaction score
hello everyone,
Im new to the site and as im struggling with access, thought id try for some help on this.
I have a small cleaning company and have used access as a database which currently holds details on my customers and staff, im struggling with the relationship bit of these tables, ive created 4 tables, week 1,2,3and 4which hold data for each week (4) as i have some customers that have a clean weekly, fortnightly and monthly. I have created from these 4 tables, 5 querys each which allow me to print off a table per day ie table 1 monday, table 1 tuesday etc. At the end of each month, i have to manually divide these up into days and add up each customers hours to give me a total to bill which i use sage for invoicing.

Even though ive bought books on this, i do realise i need to probably start from scratch and at least have a 'form' for each staff and customer but i cant work out how to introduce dates into the equation so at the end of the month, i can request a total number of hours within certain dates for billing and wages. Im probably making it sound more complicated than it is but ive no experience with access and have just stumbled along so far without any help but its so frustrating because i know its easy once you know how.
I know it has something to do with the tables, and rather than clumb them all together in four tables with all kinds of data in them, i know i have to redo the tables, one for customers, staff etc but how do i introduce the dates?? anyhelp would be appreciated thank you

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You should be able to do everything you are wanting just by using Sage, and not have to use Access

Ask a Question