Access 2007 Split Assets db, issue moving to new directory

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for your time,

I am developing an Access 2007 database using the Assets template in a dev directory on our server. It's split and the back end data portion of the database is stored in the same directory as the front end. The front end has customized reports, queries, forms that I need preserved across future versions. This front end and back end will need to be moved to another server when we want to 'go live' with this database so users over a network can use it.

The problem is when I copy the front end and back end to another directory on the server (say sibling level), relink all the tables, and test that everything works fine, I am unable to delete any of the folders in the path to the Original back end database. This is because in the MSysObjects table there is a record which stores the path to the original back end db, although it is not used or referred to anywhere else in my code/tables/controls/etc.. This record is only created when you copy the database file (using .accdb btw). This record also has a field that says something along the lines of '...ComplexType...' and has '6' in the type field (which i believe means its the type of table).

I receive an error message like 'path [path to original dev backend db] does not exist', and, of course, I am unable to edit the record in the MSysObjects (normally a good thing).

Does anyone know how to:
a. remove this record from MSysObjects
b. edit this record to point to the new/correct location of the back end db
c. copy a database front end without this record getting inserted into MSysObjects
e. other solution

Ask a Question