ACCESS 2007 DDE SEND NOT WORKING

Hello, I am having a problem with Access 2007. I have an older database
that sent information from a form to an Excel worksheet. This made it helpful
so that we only had to enter the customers name and addess once. My problem
is that after upgrading to Access 2007 from Access 2003 the DDE Send does not
work. It is not sending information to the Excel sheet. I have looked both
Access and Excel to find a place where this may be blocked or turned off and
I have not found any problem. I have checked the security permissions to see
it is giving a problem but I do not see a problem. Has anyone had this happen
to them. Please get back to me. Thanks Team.

Alan

You're in the wrong group for MS Access questions, but as long as you're
here maybe I can help.

Until I retired I used to be an Access database developer, and I remember
one of the 'patches' for Access 2002 was meant to disable the ability that
let users change the data in linked tables that pointed to a range in an
Excel workbook. I'm wondering if this possibly could be what's happening in
your particular situation.

The article is at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904953/en-us. At the very
end it states:
"Because of legal issues, Microsoft has disabled the functionality in Access
2003 and in Access 2002 that let users change the data in linked tables that
point to a range in an Excel workbook. However, when you make changes
directly in the Excel workbook, the changes appear in the linked table in
Access."

Alan

"ACCESS 2007 DDE SEND PROBLEM" <ACCESS 2007 DDE SEND PROBLEM
@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Thanks allot Alen, do you know of a way of me doing this now? Im not really a
Big VB guy I need some direction here. I know it should be able to be done
could you give me some very simple steps to doing this? I really do thank you
and sorry about the post in the wrong area.

:ans