DDE Data Validation

Reaction score
OK, so I've read about 5 hours of Data Validation postings already trying to see if someone else has already asked the question I am about to ask.

I'm using an old language (>30yearold) called ProIV to write an ERP Report that people would populate a "location" field that I'd like to have created with the Data Validation parameters already entered.

In other words, I code the functionality in one building, and one of numerous other people could call for this report and the ERP system would open Excel and via DDE_POKE commands, get built with the data from the report. All of our commands are done in a single shot (Ie. We do not have the ability to use macros, or a loop to specify the individual parameters.

I have a list called "LOCATIONS" built on a hidden Sheet2. I've tried using :

[FORMULA(=LOCATIONS)]

as I don't have a list of DDE commands for Excel, but inherently know the DDE command should probably be something like:

[DATA.VALIDATION("List",,"=LOCATIONS")]

Can anyone provide me with the proper DDE syntax to build Data Validation automatically instead of manually, and any link to a source of DDE commands available for Excel.

TIA

AK

Ask a Question