Access 2003 and Frontpage 2003

G

I 'm looking at trying to web enable a database (Access 2003). It is laden with a significant number of forms for data entry and queiries. Can some one help me answer if Frontpage 2003 is capable of being my Web link to the data or should I work into something more powerful with say a SQL backend?

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Access can be used, however the forms will need to be re-created to access the database via
server-side ASP/VBScripts or ASP.Net, etc. When using Access on the web, its database is really just
a storage container, and you are not actually running the Access application.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

Rob K said:
I 'm looking at trying to web enable a database (Access 2003). It is laden with a significant
number of forms for data entry and queiries. Can some one help me answer if Frontpage 2003 is
capable of being my Web link to the data or should I work into something more powerful with say a
SQL backend?

M

MD Websunlimited

Hi Rob,

FP will not utilize the forms that you've defined in Access. You'll have to recreate them in FP.

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97-'02
http://www.websunlimited.com
Stop Spam Email Mining from your web pages with SpamStopper
http://www.websunlimited.com/order/product/SpamStopper/spam_stopper_help_dir.htm
FrontPage Add-ins Since '97 2003 / 2002 / 2000 Compatible

Rob K said:
I 'm looking at trying to web enable a database (Access 2003). It is laden with a significant number of forms for data entry and
queiries. Can some one help me answer if Frontpage 2003 is capable of being my Web link to the data or should I work into something
more powerful with say a SQL backend?

Ask a Question