A7N8X+UT2004=kmixer.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

B

Beemer Biker

My son is getting this, he has A7N8X-DLX , asus geforce 5600, and unreal tournament 2004. A search indicates a patch exists for kmixer.sys for windows 2000, but *NOT* windows XP where microsoft is claiming the problem is with 3rd party drivers. It is true that Microsoft does have a patch for win2000 for kmixer.sys but they say it is not for XP. Is that right?

This problem (3rd party blame) would fall on the nvidia chipset I assume. We have the latest from asus 9nvidia sound driver) and there is a warning that the one on the nvidia web site is "older". We also see an update "nvidia driver" when running that XP Update but the date on that so-called latest one from microsoft seems older than the nvidia driver we got.

Anybody got any ideas? Recommend another forum?

anybody gone to nvidia and downloaded the sound drivers for the a7n8x dlx chipset ?

D

dino

I run the unified drivers on my A7N8X-Deluxe revision 2..you can DL them
from Nvidia and they include the Soundstorm drivers..but I have not just
dl'd only the sound ones.

B

Beemer Biker

dino said:
I run the unified drivers on my A7N8X-Deluxe revision 2..you can DL them
from Nvidia and they include the Soundstorm drivers..but I have not just
dl'd only the sound ones.

went there and downloaded just the sound driver. it has a different gui, more friendly, but have the same BSOD.
That BSOD sometimes shows up the instant you start playing, sometimes 5 minutes later. Says there is a fault in kmixer.sys.

P

Paul

"Beemer said:
went there and downloaded just the sound driver. it has a different =
gui, more friendly, but have the same BSOD.
That BSOD sometimes shows up the instant you start playing, sometimes 5 =
minutes later. Says there is a fault in kmixer.sys.

Have you looked on nforcershq.com ? Lots of posts there on Nforce2.
Try looking for kmixer.sys here:

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/search.php

HTH,
Paul

Ask a Question