a spot of bother making movies

Reaction score
I have the same problem, but only with 320x240p clips. They look dynamic in some circumstances, but using a larger file size (640x480p) solves the problem for some reason. But, either 320 or 640 size clips (10-12 seconds only) take hundreds of minutes to save in Movie Maker, so I can't save them...help!

Reaction score
:blush:I'm new here and new to Movie Maker. I don't know where to post a new thread so I'll use this Movie Maker issues thread, please. My two current Movie Maker problems are:
1. My 10 second wmv video clip and accompanying wav audio clip save infinitely, so I cancel (I've used Movie Maker successfully to create a slideshow/audio movie, and then uploaded it outside of Movie Maker to YouTube)...the video clip is the only difference.
2. Is there a way to shorten my Movie Maker-created slideshow to show the frames in rapid-fire succession, for dynamic effect? They'll only compact to about 2-3 seconds each on the timeline.

Thanks for any assistance.

Reaction score
Hmm don't know about typing !!

Been on crutches three times, 2 x 6 months, 1 x 9 months.

Managed to ride a scooter to Scarbrough from York. An soloed a vs rock climb at Armscliff Crag whilst using them though so I doubt if typing would pose a problem.

Ladder up to the loft, no problem, you got arms ain't you.

Dougal Haston walked down from an alpine peak on his hands after he broke both legs.

:p
Yup, I recall the masochistic behavior of Mssrs. Haston, Bonington, and company from their articles and books. Type A's gotta do what they gotta do...:fool:

Reaction score
Some time ago on this forum I linked to a song I liked on Youtube but it was patchy and stuttered when playing.

So I put me own up there and cobbled together some old photos from around the era the song (s) were originally published to make a slideshow.

The songs are Janis and Eastern Jam by Country Joe & The Fish. Eastern Jam is a long time fave of mine.

Nowt special but some of you may be interested, I'm in about half a dozen of the photos.

Link

Btw, I made the slideshow within Windows Movie Maker/Win 7, had never used Movie Maker before, absolute piece of cake and gave a link to post direct to Youtube as well :)
:cheers: Slideshows and music are a piece of cake with WMM, as you've noted. I've added a few Windows Paint frames to the video as well with ease. Link is below for Soca (Soul/Calypso) music lovers. Too bad trying to save a 10-second wma video/music movie takes years, if at all...can anyone address this particular problem?:cry:

Reaction score
you mean DV-AVI? It said it was going to take 900 minutes to save, is that normal? I might have to let it run all night.

The problem I have is that I need to save a file somehow, in order to transfer onto a laptop if I want to burn it onto DVD (the computer i made it on doesnt have a dvd burner) or hook up the laptop to the tv.
I save to an external hard drive, and then just shut the HD down properly before hooking its USB cable into the other computer - my dvd player is shot. That's your best option.
An RCA-type cable is used by some to connect tv's to computers for viewing stuff.
Your long slideshow movie save is puzzling - I've done so quickly, but have run into the infinite saving time problem with even 10-second WMA videos. Perhaps Movie Maker's the wrong choice for us. Anyone have any other free movie making program recommendations for people who don't want to wait indefinitely for small size movies? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
posting to 2-3-4 year old threads with basically the same problem can be very confusing, and can be construed as spamming. So I moved all you post into one thread.

Welcome to PCReview. :)

Reaction score
I have always had problems getting Windows Movie Maker to do much of anything. I gave up and purchased Adobe Premiere Elements. It isn't a fancy program, but it sure works better than Movie Maker for my purposes.

Reaction score
I have always had problems getting Windows Movie Maker to do much of anything. I gave up and purchased Adobe Premiere Elements. It isn't a fancy program, but it sure works better than Movie Maker for my purposes.
Thanks for the tip - WMM is driving me crazy regarding short video clip saves. :bow:

Reaction score
posting to 2-3-4 year old threads with basically the same problem can be very confusing, and can be construed as spamming. So I moved all you post into one thread.

Welcome to PCReview. :)
How can I start a new thread, please? I can't find an option for it. Thanks!

Ask a Question