A safe way to get back to Windows XP and away from Vista

MICHAEL

Thank you, Darrell.

Take care,

Michael

"Darrell Gorter[MSFT]" said:
Hello Michael,
You are correct Michael as is Barry also. You can still install Windows XP
and you can still activate it. Upgrading to Windows Vista doesn't affect
the ability to activate the copy of Windows XP that you upgraded over if
you need to reinstall it.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|>From: "MICHAEL" <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<#[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<#[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
|>Subject: Re: A safe way to get back to Windows XP and away from Vista
|>Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 11:25:32 -0500
|>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
|>
|>From the same site *you* originally referred to:
|>
|>http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...#entry588277583
|>EULA/CD Key De-activation blah blah blah Answer, I called MS.
|>
|><quote>
|>Okay well I have Vista Ultimate Upgrade (retail) sitting right beside me,
unopened.. and when I
|>read the news about the deactivation of your XP CD-Key I said no way am I
installing.. but let
|>me call Microsoft to confirm all is well.
|>
|>I asked them the question straight up if my XP Key becomes deactivated
and I can no longer
|>activate any installations with that CD-Key.. they said no that's not
true, it will NOT
|>deactivate your key.
|>
|>Then, to make sure, I gave them the scenario to ensure they were on the
same page as me.
|>I basically said in the event I need to format and re-install my OS; I
will obliviously first
|>need to install XP and Avtivate it before I can "upgrade" it to vista.
So, in this case, I will
|>still be able to install and activate XP again even though I've already
performed an upgrade on
|>this license before, right? They said yes I will have no problems.
|>
|>So, as per the customer service agent in the department of licensing and
product information we
|>should all be fine.
|></quote>

|>> Quite obviously, you don't know squat, Mr. Watzman. Google is your
friend, Mr Out To Lunch.

|>> Read back through my posts if you must. I didn't say you could not
re-install XP in order to
|>> do a fresh load of Vista (although that would be stupid since -
contrary to popular belief -
|>> you don't have to do that). You CAN reinstall XP but you CAN NOT
ACTIVATE IT AGAIN.