A-Level ICT coursework..again...

Reaction score
Further to some of my ICT Coursework i have to justify some pieces of software and why i chose them. I am choosing them to install on a new computer that we are building as part of the course. The software titles in question are;

1. Windows XP Pro
  2. Norton AV 2006
  3. Adobe Photoshop Elements V4
  4. Roxio Easy DVD Copy
Basically i have to give a detailed description about why i chose these over other titles. I just wandered if anyone here was/can help me out as i cant really find any good sites for comparing.

Many thanks,

nathan :thumb:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
explain why you've chosen XP pro over home and why you've choses windows instead of linux (easier to use windows etc), explain your choice of manufacturer e.g. why roxio, why norton ?

obviously photoshop is one of the best which is why you've chosen it, way up the pro's and con's then a brief summary e.g. price, photoshop is damn expensive

also dont use norton 2006 its incredible resource hungry

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
kingnathski88 said:
Is there a really good alternative?

to what ?

theres loads of alternatives to norton, theres a thread here which is pretty long, as you can see AVG is used almost as much as norton/symantec

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-11950.php

alternative to photoshop is the GIMP, its free as i think it started off on linux and can do most if not all of the things photoshop can, it looks kinda the same but like photoshop it takes a long time to find out how to do things properly

instead of roxio theres nero and probably a load of others, all of which are probably just as good as the other but the GUI and skill levels may be different

Ask a Question