A Jargon Buster would be handy

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
PCR is such a great Site for all aspects of computer help and advice, by friendly, knowledgeable people. However, folk who might be very new to computers (and Forums) can find PC jargon confusing (until they become more familiar with it) I think this is why some are frightened off (those who post once or twice then disappear) because not everyone is comfortable to admit on an open Forum that they just don't understand the "technical shorthand."

Whilst it's possible to Google for definitions and explanations, it would be useful to have an "on-Site" facility such as a clickable link, drop-down menu, or maybe a side-bar..... whatever might be do-able and cause the least disruption to everyone else's enjoyment of the Site.... with a reference list of commonly-used "jargon." Once one is able to make sense of initials (for instance, VGA= Video Graphics Array DDR=Double Data Rate OEM=Original Equipment Manufacturer, you know the kind of thing) it becomes easier to understand and learn........ providing one's little grey cells are in a mood to co-operate of course :rolleyes:

Hope you don't mind the suggestion... it has been lurking in my mind for ages, so thought I'd better give it it's freedom
laughingsmiley.gif
Thank you for reading :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I like this idea too :) If others would find this useful as well then I'll get this done next week :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I started a thread on PC Jargon ... a few years ago ... did I not keep it up-to-date ?

:lol:

Ask a Question