A freware to record any sound that comes of sound card??

Anna

hi all,

I have already read some messages about a freware to record any sound that
comes of sound card??

does anyone know the url?

regards

Herbert Nagler

Anna said:
hi all,

I have already read some messages about a freware to record any sound
that comes of sound card??

does anyone know the url?

regards

Martin Seibert

Anna said:
hi all,

I have already read some messages about a freware to record any sound that
comes of sound card??

does anyone know the url?

hmm... might not be exactly what you look for. The following program called
'messer' records from Line-In into WAV or MP3. Recording using a timer is
also possible. Great tool if you have connected a tuner or so.

http://www.dago.pmp.com.pl/messer/

Lord Possum

======================

Awhile back .. but, recently enough to say months... this group was treated
to the location online for finding the *outstanding* and comprehensive (now
freeware) audio stack* called WillowPond Audio. I've searched around
again and can't find it anymore for some reason ... BUT, luckily I did get
my own download copy at the time.

If I had someone to offer the space for archiving this wonderful freeware
tool, I'd be happy to upload it. It consisted of the 32-bit Willowpond
suite of ... CDPlayer (also played .MP3 files); MidiPlayer; Recorder (of
anything you heard out of your speakers, including streaming); Equalizer;
and talking Clock. This is very much like the 'rack' one gets with a new
Creative SoundBlaster board .. maybe even among the software that comes
with a new computer having such SoundBlaster boards. But, WillowPond
Audio seems to recognize any soundboard.

Lord Possum

Iain Cheyne said:
news:alt.binaries.freeware ?
===============================

I'd thought of that natcherly, but that would require me to upload
the thing in multiple-parts, which I am not good at ... and, would
require users to download and assemble, which many do not
know how to do, especially if I did it with yEnc. No, I would
rather FTP up it to somebody's server in one piece, so that it
could be downloaded in one piece. It is something like 4.2 MBytes.

Iain Cheyne

Correct this time. ;o)
I'd thought of that natcherly, but that would require me to upload
the thing in multiple-parts, which I am not good at ... and, would
require users to download and assemble, which many do not
know how to do, especially if I did it with yEnc. No, I would
rather FTP up it to somebody's server in one piece, so that it
could be downloaded in one piece. It is something like 4.2 MBytes.

I don't *think* you *have* to upload in multiple parts. I think it just
improves reliaility.

I think it's a safe assumption that acf regulars will have yenc capability.
You could always try it and see...

Getting a decent newsreader wouldn't hurt either...

begin Your_M$_program_incorrectly_interprets_this_as_an_attachment.txt

Mike

I hat to disabuse you, but I not only don't have yEnc, I routinely ignore
all messages with yEnc in the header. That's because I can rarely get all
parts of the message - newsgroup churn means that the download is NEVER
complete. In which case, yEnc becomes completely unneccessary.

Mike

Lester Horwinkle

Mike said:
I hat to disabuse you, but I not only don't have yEnc, I routinely ignore
all messages with yEnc in the header. That's because I can rarely get all
parts of the message - newsgroup churn means that the download is NEVER
complete. In which case, yEnc becomes completely unneccessary.

If you find that parts are missing, use the PAR files. That's what they're
for.

Each PAR file (denoted by suffix .p01, .p02, etc.) is a substitute for ANY
missing RAR file (whether yEnc or non-yEnc). Using a PAR fixer-upper
program (I like FS Raid), you can recover the missing parts.

Iain Cheyne

I hat to disabuse you, but I not only don't have yEnc, I routinely ignore
all messages with yEnc in the header. That's because I can rarely get all
parts of the message - newsgroup churn means that the download is NEVER
complete. In which case, yEnc becomes completely unneccessary.

You don't use yEnc, because you don't get all the parts??

That's nothing to do with yEnc.

Mike

No, Iain, I don't use yEnc because I don't need it! The reason I don't need
it is because I don't get all the parts, because yEnc files are usually
split into many. The point that I was making, however, was that I can hardly
be the only person who participates here who doesn't have yEnc, and assuming
otherwise can only lead to problems.

Mike

Iain Cheyne

The reason I don't
need it is because I don't get all the parts, because yEnc files are
usually split into many.

Well-informed uploaders to Usenet split large files into parts so that they
can be reliably downloaded with the aid of PAR files. Similarly, they use
yEnc because this is the most efficient encoding method by between 33%-40%
(www.yenc.org).
The point that I was making, however, was
that I can hardly be the only person who participates here who doesn't
have yEnc, and assuming otherwise can only lead to problems.

A valid point, except that all newsreaders should support yEnc. If people
are informed enough to be using alt.comp.freeware, they should be using a
good newsreader. Apart from anything else, OE pollutes usenet with top
posting, bad quoting and stray sigs.

You seem like you have a clue, forget 0E5.5 and move to a decent newsreader
like Xnews or Gravity. Alternatively, fix OE with OE-Quotefix, a yenc proxy
or a binary newsreader. It's not difficult.